Chapter 18

As soon as the gunshot rings out, you open the door urgently and look around, sheer determination and confidence shining in your eyes.

  The room is oval shaped with a large, rectangular table sitting in the middle. Fancy, upholstered chairs line every side. Occupying each of these chairs, with the exception of six, is a shocked and frightened business man or woman.

  The other four men and two women are standing up, spread around the room with guns in hand. You faintly recognize one of the women, though her heavy makeup and the angle obscure you from knowing who she is.

  When you had opened the door without thought, one of the men turned his gun towards you, causing you now to realize how stupid you are.

  You stand helplessly with your hand on the door handle, trapped between pleading gazes of innocents and the cold, emotionless muzzle of a pistol.

  "Wrong room, heh?" You weakly make an attempt but the look from the man holding the gun shuts you up fast.

  Great. I'm a genius. No way to beat the gun, no way to actually, I don't know, live. Maybe...

  Just as you are about duck and body slam the man in front of you after yodeling to confuse him, the room erupts into smoke, chaos and curses. You faintly see the vent at the top of the room fall to the ground.

  The curses originated from you, because gosh darn, you were going to end that guy with the element of surprise and a terrible singing voice on your side.

  As you cough and wave the smoke out of your eyes, the sight before you causes you to want to do two things.

  1) Jump up and down in celebration of your survival/rescue.

  2) Scream in frustration at his smooth, totally professional entrance.

  Suga smirks lazily, his eyes half-lidded as if he was just asleep yet his hair and suit are still perfect.

  He dusts his pants slightly and pulls at his left cuff. Everyone in the room seems to freeze, as if the president had entered the premises.

  Finally, after deeming he looks perfect, he loosens his tie and looked you in the eye.

  You scowl half heartedly.

  "What? You expected me to sit and watch you get killed stupidly? Or more importantly, let these people die and David's men get away?" He spoke, his voice slightly raspy yet authoritive.

  You were in shock, to put it simply. First, Suga appears out of nowhere and starts acting like a friend. Then, he gets angry and agressive. To top it off, Suga then pops out of a freaking vent to take over your mission. Finally, he decides your death is not that important.

  No thanks, Suga

  "I had it under control!" You finally manage to say without clawing his eyes out.

  His smirk pushes you over the edge.

  Since all of David's helpers, are concentrated on the new threat, it is easy for you to launch yourself onto the one in front of you.

  Your shrill shriek shatters the silence after your pathetic remark as you rip the gun out of the man's hand.

  His previously slack posture and diverted eyes are now the complete opposite. He dashes to the side as soon as you properly fit your finger into the trigger.

  You point the gun at him and everything resumes.

  Screams break out in the room as you see Suga pull out two guns of his own and open fire on the opposing side. The loud shots ring out into the air, disregarding the innocence of your ears. You see one man fall, his eyes wide, gasps leaving his mouth along with his life.

  You falter, your own pace slowing as you see the unfamiliar woman enemy clutch her thigh first and then weakly her stomach. Her eyes, once fierce and alive are now black and empty like an abyss. You feel guilt devour you as you can't help but feel releived at the thought of one less enemy.

  You suddenly feel a pounding pain in your abdomen as you fly backwards, your back hitting the wall with a thud admist the chaos. The gun goes flying out of reach. You see the man lower his foot after the kick.

  He pulls a short throwing knife out of his pocket and someone yells loudly.

  All you can think of is how the heck no one can hear what's going on, and that you actually aren't weaponless.

  The man pulls back his arm and throws the glittering dagger square at your face.

  You force yourself to wait for a split second before hitting the ground hard. You lift your head weakly to see strands of familiar, black hair fall to the ground.

  "Black Dove! Mission abort!" You hear Junseo's voice screech in your ear.

  "No!" You yell back as you pull out your daggers from underneath your ridiculously long dress, throwing one at the man in front of you and using the other to cut your dress just below your knees.

  Boy, you hate parties, but dresses are a whole new level of hate for you now.

  You look up just in time to see the last woman lunge at you with her sharp, stiletto nails reaching out at you, her hair frizzy and exploded around her screeching face, her mascara running like black tears.

  Sheer terror flows through your veins at the sight.

  You flatten yourself on the ground and the woman soars over you and crumples against the wall. You turn slightly to see Suga punch the guy you threw the knife at, the latter being stuck in the wall six feet away.

  You should practice knife throwing some time.

  You feel sudden, deep and quick scratches on the back of your neck and you arch your neck inwards, hissing.

  Spinning around, you see the familiar woman pouncing on to you. She grabs your face roughly, digging her nails in hard. You twist your neck around and hear one snap.

  The woman jerks from the feel and you take the moment to switch your positions, you pinning her onto the hard ground.

  You take out your knife that you had tucked away after cutting your dress, and bring it closer to the struggling woman's face.

  Her sweat is coating her face, giving her a sheen look. Your eyebrows furrow and your hand drops slightly as you take in the woman.

  Her makeup is messed up.

  Enough for you to see.

  And to remember.

  "R-Rosé?"