Your Happiness

"If you guys hadn't have brought him here, this never would have happened. What were you thinking?!" I scolded them, like disobedient children. The issue was, they weren't children. And they weren't going to take any condescendance from me.

"He was going to come with or without us!" Evie argued. "We just wanted to protect him!"

"Not to mention, that you just up and left for the Isle first!" Jay was pissed. I hadn't seen him so upset since our first family day at Auradon Prep.

"Oh, are you a toddler now? 'Mal ran away first!' Stop pointing fingers!"

"I SWEAR-"

"Okay! Okay!" Carlos stepped between us. "What are we going to do?"

I glared at them. "'We,'" I gestured between the four of us, "aren't doing anything. This is between Uma and me. And she's a punk. And guess what? Now I have to go get him!"

"Woah, woah, woah," Carlos said. "You're still going to have to go through Harry Hook and his wharf rats."

"You're going to need us!" Jay tried, but I already made up my mind.

"Uma said to come alone. Besides, she's not out to kill me, or else she wouldn't have taken Ben. He's just a bargaining chip. Uma has set this up to make a deal."

"And when you don't agree to her deal?" Evie insisted. "What about then? They'll happily beat the shit out of you. Or Ben."

"Who says I'm going to disagree?"

I pushed past them, towards the door.

"M, you don't know what she's asking yet."

"What have I got to lose?!" I shouted back. "I don't have a family anymore. I don't have any status or dignity. You three can stand up for yourselves. And she already has Ben."

"Be careful!" I could hear Carlos yell down as I hit the street and made my way to the Chip Shoppe.

~ ~ ~

As I got closer to the edges of the Isle, I started to walk with a purpose. If anyone saw me now, I wanted them to see the daughter of Maleficent, on her way to destroy an enemy. Whatever happened it there, I wanted people to watch me go in with a purpose.

I threw the doors open, careful not to flinch as they slammed into the walls on either side.

"I'm back," I sung.

I wanted to throw up in my mouth. I sounded so much like my mother. Teasing the tormented and looking down on everyone.

"Loser," Uma called, grabbing my attention, "party of one. Right this way, please."

I watched Uma very carefully. She had definitely changed a lot, but then again, so had I. Her hair was so long I had to wonder how she got anything done with it. It was a teal blue, along with the rest of her outfit.

I stepped towards her and she stood her ground, glaring at me.

When I approached the table, she kicked an empty chair towards me, forcing my instincts to kick in and stop it before it ran into me. She giggled at my unease.

I relaxed at the table, trying not to let her get the better of me.

"Place still stinks," I jabbed.

"Oh, I'm sorry," she played, sarcastically. "We're down a butler today, princess."

"Where is he?" I demanded.

"You know, I've dreamed of this. You wanting something from me, and me watching you squirm like a worm on a hook."

She was stalling. Who knows what for, but I didn't care. Two could play at that game.