Chapter 2

Haruka POV

"(Y/N)! HONEY, PLEASE STOP RUNNING!" I said, "NO SWEETIE...SWEETIE DON'T TOUCH THAT, IT'S DANGEROUS!" I said, "Maybe bringing a toddler to my lab wasn't a good idea after all." I said, "Mama!" (y/n) said as he tugged in my lab coat, "What is it, sweetheart?" I asked, "Kitty!" He said as he ran off, "Kitty?" I said as I followed him. A few seconds later we came across a small black kitten with a hurt paw, "Kitty!" (y/n) said worriedly, I smiled and picked him and the kitten up, "Don't worry mama's gonna make it all better." I said as I walked to the first aid kit and wrapped a bandage around the kitten's paw, " There all better." I said as I put the kitten down, "Mama!" (y/n) said happily as he hugged me as the kitten rubbed against my leg, "Well sweetie looks like you've got your first pet." I said as I kissed his forehead.

"MISS HARUKA!" A man said, "Tsuichiro! Shhh!" I whispered, "You'll wake them." I said softly as I pointed to (y/n) and the kitten sleeping together in the corner, "Oh sorry, I forgot that you successfully cured your son's strain of the apocalypse virus." He said, "Speaking of which I've been meaning to ask you how you did it. At the rate, we were progressing it would've taken us at least another sixteen years, by my count, till we had anything that could actually be considered usable." He said, "It was thanks to Kurosu. Thanks to his research I was able to find a cure, however, unfortunately, it only worked on (y/n) since it was synthesized to his DNA sequence so it will only work on him. If you would use it on anyone else they would die within seconds of administration." I said, "O-Oh I-I see." He said, 'What I'm not telling him is that I had used Kurosu's void genome in the cure so he has a very small portion of the king's power, not enough to do anything, but just enough to counter the virus.' I thought, "So are you gonna keep him here the entire time you're here?" He asked, "No, I have a friend who offered to watch him for me so he won't have to practically live here, she'll take him home when Shu gets home, but if Shu doesn't come home for whatever reason then he'll stay with her." I said, "Makes sense, it's amazing he's completely cured." He said, "Mama?" (y/n) said groggily as he woke up, "Good morning sweetheart. Did you have a nice nap?" I asked, "Who that?" He asked as he pointed at Tsuichiro, "Sweetie this is Tsuichiro Takashiro, he's mama's assistant. He helped me work on your medicine." I said, "It's very nice to finally meet you (y/n). Your mom told me a lot about you, she actually hired me to help with your cure." Tsuichiro said.

(y/n) POV

"Hi, there sweetie!" A woman said as she walked over to me.

I just hid behind my mother, "It's alright sweetie this is my friend April, she'll be watching you for me while I'm at work, but you'll still get to visit me here

I just hid behind my mother, "It's alright sweetie this is my friend April, she'll be watching you for me while I'm at work, but you'll still get to visit me here. This is just so that you won't have to basically live here at the lab." Mama said, "I love you, sweetie." Mama said as she kissed my forehead, "April you have the key to my place right?" Mama asked, "Right here." April said as she showed Mama the key, "Alright sweetie, be a good boy for April for me alright." Mama said as she hugged me and gave me a kiss on the cheek, "Bye-bye Mama." I said as I hugged my mother.

"Ok sweetie I know you already know who I am, but you can call me auntie April if you want." April said as she unlocked the door to Mama's apartment. "Ok so we're gonna pack you a few things for when you stay over at my place, and then if you want we can either go to my house, or I can order us a pizza and we can hang out here until your brother comes home." She said, "Stay here." I said, "Ok sweetie I'll order us a pizza and maybe we can watch a movie." She said.

"Ok sweetie say ahh." April said she fed me a bit of cut-up pizza, "Ahh." I said as I ate the pizza, "(y/n) I'm home." Inori said, "(y/n) sweetie do you know her?" April asked, "Inori." I said happily as I ran over to her and hugged her, "Shu should be home later tonight, he had something to do at video production club today." Inori said.

"Bye sweetie, I'll see you tomorrow." April said as she gave me a kiss on the cheek before leaving.