t h i r t y - n i n e

Rather unexpectedly, Harry gently tugs on Boo's waist until she's standing between his knees with her body pulled flush against his

Rather unexpectedly, Harry gently tugs on Boo's waist until she's standing between his knees with her body pulled flush against his. His mouth moves against hers as a new sense of gentle intimacy emerges. His fingertips dig pleasantly into her waist, moving her hips against his in a fluid pattern.

Before long, Boo finds herself unbuttoning the top clasps on his shirt so she can slide her palms across his chest. His skin feels marvelous against hers; so warm, soft, inviting. Like coming home to a cozy house after spending all day in the cold. His hands tangle in the ends of her hair and pull, tilting her head back so he can his mouth over her neck. His touch is unlike any other's before; his hands are rough, pushing and pulling on her hips, but his kiss is light on her skin, so gentle she almost doesn't feel it. Something about the contrast makes her crave him more.

But then she remembers where they are and why he's here: mere feet away, her front door still hangs open and five CSU workers are still galumphing about her house.

"Harry," she mumbles against his lips.

He hums in response, his hands running through her hair again before she ultimately pulls away.

"Sorry," she says rather breathlessly. "Now isn't really a good time, you know."

"Yeah, I know," he laughs awkwardly. His chest is slightly heaving and even in the moonlight, she can see his face is flushed like hers. "Got carried away."

"Can I stay with you tonight?" she asks in a small voice. Her hands rest on his chest, absently fiddling with the collar of his shirt. "They're going to be here for a while and I don't think I can sleep alone after what happened."

"Of course," he says immediately. "Whatever it takes to keep you safe."

Boo smiles to herself. She likes that he's so concerned with her safety but she can clearly handle her own.

"Did I tell you how I scared off the burglar?"

"No," Harry says hesitantly. "How?"

Her lips roll together and she chuckles. "I hit him in the face with a hammer."

Harry gapes at her for a brief moment before bursting into laughter. "You're lying."

"I'm not!" she laughs, despite how unfunny the truth of the matter is. "It was the first thing I could find and I had to get him out of my house somehow."

A crooked smile stretches across his face and he leans his forehead against hers, still laughing quietly. His breath washes over her, bringing goosebumps to her skin despite the warm air hanging around them. "You really aren't scared of anything, are you?"

She plays gently with his collar again. "Maybe I'm scared of one thing."

"What's that?" he breathes, hands resting on her hips. She peeks up at him from under her lashes and his eyes dilate upon meeting hers. She bites back a small smile and looks down again.