HADES

The whole ride over, Rain stayed with her head on Ben's shoulder as he drew circles on her back and spoke to Carlos. Once they get there, Rain helps Lizzie put her bags in the limo, then goes to talk to Ben.

"There are so many kids here," Ben comments and Rain wraps her arm around his back "I never imagined it like this,"

"Yeah, villains don't seem like the type to want lots of children," Ben laughs and kisses Rain's forehead lightly.

"Here, let me help," Mal offers Celia, but instead Celia chucks her bag in the back.

"Okay, Let's go and do this..." Ben trails off as Celia and Lizzie march past him into the limo. Rain laughs loudly with Mal.

"I've never related to a teenage girl more," Ben looks a bit lost on what to do so Rain drag's him in the limo "Come on,"

The limo drives off and Rain eavesdrops on everyone else's conversations as Mal looks at her nails.

Celia shows off her cards and Rain and Lizzie lock eyes, sharing a knowing look, they both knew she was about to tell the truth, but in a way that seems mysterious and to get her more money. Ben decides to play along.

"You're going to be a wise, brave king,"

"Oh, for god's sake," Rain groans and Ben looks at her in mock offence "that's so stereotypical. Give me an actual tarot reading,"

"Fine then," Mal leans forward suddenly, Rain challenging Celia gaining her interest.

"Was lowkey joking but okay," Rain reaches over Ben to grab a card. Celia holds it in her palm.

"A bad thing," she closes her eyes tighter "I see the future of Auradon in your hands,"

"Aha, and is this like the time you told me someone would steal from me, then you stole my jewellery box the next day and tried to sell it to me," although disbelieving, Rain hands her some cash from Ben's wallet. Celia's eyes widen while she looks at the cash.

"Did I lie?" Rain rolls her eyes at the young girl, passing Ben back his wallet.

"How did you even get this?" Ben asks

"I'm an excellent pick pocket," Rain grins

"That she is,"

"Thank you, Lizzie," Rain grins and passes Lizzie a heart sweet.

"Are you kidding me?"

"Nope," Rain pours some into Lizzie's hand then splits the rest between Ben and Mal, knowing Ben loved the things and Mal would never admit her fondness of the sweets. Rain hated them.

The limo was just past the barrier when Evie shouts "It's Hades!" The whole group turns around and watch Hades struggle with the barrier "stop the car! He's trying to escape!"

Everyone runs out, leaving the new VK's inside "I am a God! I don't belong here!" The boys run forward but Hades hits them with blue energy coming from the ember, knocking the three back.

Mal transforms into a dragon and Rain takes the light from a fire blast she sends Hades' way. Rain turns it into the burgundy smoke and throws it over to Hades, it knocks him back slightly but he's still through the barrier.

Hades sends a wave of blue towards Mal in dragon form and Rain tries to take the light from it, hopefully making it less powerful, but it just knocks Rain backwards, pushing her to the floor. She quickly gets up and Mal gives one last blast of fire for Rain to take the light. Rain takes it and shares a nod with Mal. As Mal starts blowing out air, Rain slowly pushes the power forward. Hades is slowly pushed back and when he's behind the barrier, he sighs and storms off.

Mal turns back to human and lands on the limo, Evie and Jay help her off and Rain runs up to her, ignoring Ben's insistence to check up on her.

"Are you okay?" Evie asks both Mal and Rain, looking between them

"I felt all of my powers slipping away!" Mal exclaims and Rain looks at the barrier.

"That is not good...".

----------&----------

The group took the kids to Evie's place hours ago and Rain and Ben were currently sat in one of the many living rooms with a cup of tea each

Rain's feet are slung over Ben's knees and he's on his phone, looking at new emails whilst Rain secretly looks through Pinterest and texts Ruby.

"You two are like an old married couple already," Carlos comments, walking past the two.

"Thought you were checking things for Jane's party. In two days," Rain reminds him before taking a sip of her tea. He makes a swift exit.

"He's not wrong though," Ben looks up from his phone at Rain's dishevelled state.

"Excuse me?" She fakes offense

"You're sat there, drinking tea you forced me to make because and I quote 'only Carlos can make a decent cup of tea, and even then, it tastes like he let Dude pee in it'," Rain goes to object but he continues "You're wearing my hoodie,"

"These are all complements to you, and yet you're complaining," Ben smirks and rolls his eyes before Rain pulls herself up to snuggle into his side instead.

"I love you," he says fondly.

"I should hope so, you proposed less than 24 hours ago,"

"Now you're stuck with me,"

"Oh, how terrifying," Ben laughs at the sarcasm and puts his phone down to wrap his arms around Rain.

"Get some rest,"

"I'm fine," Rain weakly protests

"You and Mal tried to fight the God of the underworld 5 hours ago, you're allowed to feel drained,"

"Love you too, by the way" Rain mutters slowly before falling asleep in Ben's arms.