Nate, even as a child, was good on the ice. This was a known fact to anyone who dared entered his family home, pictures of him on the ice were strewn about, on the walls, the fridge, and even in the bathroom. Nate would often badger his parents to not talk about his hobby and sport, they were proud of him and often boasted to others. Nate through high school was a good student, though he picked up a new hobby, singing. Though singing was a hobby he used less, it was still on his mind a lot. 

Nate had been skating for years, since the 2nd grade. His skating had gotten to where, when he graduated, he was with a coach and competed in all sorts of competitions. Nate, along the way, had made plenty of friends and even some girls dated him, but his mind was never on them, and they left.  Mark had been a good friend and even a little bit of a rival, the two always joked with a group of friends. But now, the older skaters, like Nate himself, were considered "Veterans" and some left, like Matt, another good friend of Nate's, but others used the skills they had learned and taught newer, younger skaters.

Retiring had been something Nate was contemplating for a while, but he wasn't sure what he'd do after retiring. Nate would like to coach but, he still had one good season of skating left for sure. Sean, a very hyper Irishman with brown hair and baby blue eyes, was more commonly called Jack. Sean still was young and had the fire bright within him. Nate was close in age with the Irishman but he was in the game for a long, long  time. Nate pondered to himself a bit more and sighed. "I still have this season.." he said to himself, his dog picking up her head to look at her master on the couch. 

>.< >.< time skip >.< >.<

Nate's P.O.V

I blow a breath, today was my first day of scouting but I also am practicing. There were plenty of files strewn about my locker, only a few caught my eye. Y/n was good, but her jumps were shaky and she needs more confidence in her routines, but she shows promise. Next was Catherine, she was peppy, had plenty of energy... but was also underage, whereas Y/n was legal. 

Focusing on my routine, I kick off into a triple axel, Y/n watches, analyzing every detail on how I did it. Mark rolls his eyes dramatically. "C'mon Mr. Sharp, Dan and Phil wanna see you" I chuckle and spray him with frost from my skates, he knew not to rush me. Jack walked out behind him and nodded to me, I stopped and walked over to them, putting on my blade guards. "I'm coming, I'm coming. Just have patience, my routine has plenty of jumps." Jack laughed and shrugs. "well, hurry your arse up, we don't have all feckin day. My routine is tricky too.." Sean always chose difficult routines, he wanted a challenge and he got it.

Daniel was a tall brit with curl brown hair and glistening brown eyes. He and Phil, another tall brit with black hair and ginger roots and sparkling blue eyes, were always training a trainee, so it was shocking that they called some veterans in their office.

"Nate, you have one season left, you know what we're going to say." Dan started, I nodded.

"yes, I'm aware.. I just haven't decided yet." Phil nodded at my words, he knew my plan was to wait. Phil spoke up a small bit "well, we certainly know you'll wow them, but without Ethan and MattPat here, Nate you're practically begging for a skating partner" 

I shake my head, I don't want to get a skating partner, I'm better by myself. "I'll be fine, you two. I have one season left, I wanna make the most of it." the other Veterans nodded and they let me be. Here we go, I'm ready to start the season..

A/n: Hello! this is the first chapter of this book, I think this is gonna be great. I've been burnt out recently and i started this idea as a kind of joke and now its a story. I hope you guys like it! next part coming soon!