Part 14

• • •

Your POV
We walk into school together and I notice the groups of people slowly turn towards us as we make our way through. Liam leans in and whispers in my ear, "Just ignore them, you have me." Those words help me continue walking and lead me down the hallway. We reach my locker and I open it, putting my stats textbook away, and close it. "Excited for first hour?" Liam asks me, grinning. "You mean how we have a free day since we finished early?" I ask. He nods and adds in a smile, "Yeah." I roll my eyes and glance at my phone. I see Andi has texted a few more times and I respond. It was ten minutes until class started. "We still have some time until first hour. Do you want to walk with me to find Andi?" I ask him. "Sure," he grins, following me down the hallway.

I find Andi at her locker and hug her from behind. She turns her head to face me and laughs, "Oh hey." "Hey," I respond, feeling Liam stand behind me. She glances up at him and looks back at me. "So, no luck with him yet." She meant Harry. "Andi, I told you to be patient and that he would eventually talk to you. Both of you are nervous to talk to the other, so it'll take some time." "Why can't it be so simple, like with you two?" Andi gestures to Liam and I. "It wasn't that simple...," I remind her. She sighs, "I know, I'm just tired of waiting to see if what I've been dreaming of is actually going to happen." "Maybe he will ask during lunch?"

"Maybe, maybe not," she shrugs. "Well, anyways, you should keep positive thoughts in your head and allow yourself some stress free time." "I know, I know. I just want to get it over with, you know?" "Do you mean with him asking you? Like you want him to ask already so it's not so overwhelming anymore?" She nods, "Yeah." "Well, you better get to class, I know how you like to take your time to walk." "Yeah, I'll text you." "Okay." "Bye," she tells me, beginning to walk to her class. "Bye," I answer, watching her turn the corner and disappear.

I look back at Liam and smile. He smiles too, "So how about anatomy?" "Sure," I tell him, starting to head in the direction of our class. "Wait up, (Y/N)," he calls after me, a moment later reappearing at my side. We reach our first hour and get inside. I glance at the clock on the wall and see we still had about four minutes before the bell rang.

Liam and I find our usual table and sit down. Our teacher, Mr. Madison, sat at his desk, grading some quizzes from earlier this week. Liam takes his phone out and leans close to me, "Picture time!" I laugh and lean in, smiling. Liam smiles too and takes the picture. "That's adorable, I love it," I tell him, causing him to smile. "Really?" I nod. "Okay, I'll send it to you then," he says, going onto iMessage and clicking on my contact. I watch him send it to me and then I take out my phone. I save the photo and look up at Liam, catching him saving the photo as my new contact picture.

"Nice contact photo I have," I laugh. He smiles at me, "Oh yes. I'm thinking about possibly making it my lock screen too." "Really?" "Yeah," he smiles again. "Aww," I blush. "Hey, it's a nice photo, so I should show it off," he wraps an arm around my shoulders and pulls me closer. "Okay," I grin, looking up at him. Liam looks down at me and kisses my head. I blush a second time and pull away, seeing some of the class was coming into the classroom. The bell would be ringing any minute now.

***
We spend the whole class period doing whatever we wanted while our classmates worked on their projects. Our teacher knew we wouldn't start anything bad, so he didn't care what we did. Liam and I had decided to play a few rounds of Hangman. I was currently guessing a letter. Liam grins, watching me, "Any ideas?" He moves his pencil around, waiting. "How about P?" He adds a p on the first line. "Correct." "Can I guess the word?" "Sure." I raise my eyebrows, "Payno?" "How'd you know?" "Just a guess," I roll my eyes, laughing.

***
The rest of class was spent on random games and review on my football knowledge. When the bell rings, everyone but Liam and I stand up. We let the others go first and then stand up, putting our backpacks back on. Liam puts the scrap pieces of paper we used in his bag, receiving a look from me. He laughs and gestures with a nod to follow him to the door. We exit the classroom and float into the busy halls. Liam wraps an arm around my shoulders, leading us through the people and down to my locker. "I think I have a picture in mind for my locker now," I tell Liam as I open my locker. "Oh? And what's that?" He asks, leaning against the locker next to mine. "The one you took in class earlier." "Ohhh, that one," he smiles. "Yeah, that one," I smile back.

***
Lunch came slower than usual today. I find Andi leaning against my locker. She looks up when she hears my footsteps and move over to lean against the usual locker to the right. "Hey, how's your day going?" I ask her, opening up my locker and putting away a textbook. "It's alright. Harry hasn't done anything yet, and I'm doubting he ever will." "Trust me, Andi, I talked to him, and he wants to ask you," I close my locker after grabbing my lunch, "He may be doing it during lunch." She shrugs and starts heading to the cafeteria, "Maybe."

I reach her side and see Liam walking towards us. We both smile and I stop for him to catch up. Andi notices and stops too. "Hey," he says. "Hi." "Hey Andrea," Liam says, waving over to her. "Hey," Andi responds. "Are you eating with us or your friends?" "I'll sit with you girls," he looks over at Andi, "and I think I may have Harry join me." I turn to look at her and see her blush. I softly nudge her and she hits back. We both laugh and I look back at Liam. "Shall we?" He asks, gesturing to the cafeteria. "We shall," I say, letting Andi go first. She leads the way to our usual table and we all sit down. Liam looks around and spots Harry, making a gesture for him to join.

Harry walks over and grins, "Hey," he says to all of us, sitting down next to Andi. I see her give me a look and I smile. "Li, where's your lunch?" I ask him. He grins, "Why do you come with me to get one?" I nod and stand up just as he does.

Once we are out of hearing range of Andi and Harry, Liam leans in and says, "Thanks for the idea, now he can finally ask her." "Ohhh," I laugh, automatically understanding. "Yeah," he laughs too, looking at the food opinions in this line. After Liam chooses something, we move up in line and I wait as he pays for his food. "Do you think he asked?" Liam asks me, looking back at the table. I follow his gaze and see Harry talking to Andi. Liam goes over to the cart with the dressings and other things, and gets some ketchup. We both look at each other when we hear a loud, "Yes!" from the direction of our table.

// Feedback would be appreciated. Thank you. //