Part 22

• • •

(Your POV)
Halloween.
Today was Halloween, finally on a Friday again. Liam was still planning on us hanging out and that made me smile. We had been spending a lot of time together these past few weeks, it being just doing homework together, or even what many call a date. I was still in shock that Liam had noticed me for so long and was now taking me places to be alone together.

We still received odd looks in the halls or in classes. Liam told me a few rumors had been formed, but to ignore them. One was how I was adopted because my real parents didn't want me, or even one so severe; Liam abuses me and uses me as a toy. Those always hurt when I heard them, but I tried to listen to Liam's advice and focus on other things.

After school.
"(Y/N)," I hear Liam say as I approach my locker and unlock it. "Yeah?" I ask as I turn around to face him. "So, the plans for tonight are all set," he grins and grabs my textbook from me. "Oh? And what are they?" I ask, closing my locker once I make sure I have everything. "We need to move all the hanging out at my house to yours, so we can get a variety- okay, now that didn't come out right-" I laugh, "It's okay, Liam." "Okay...," he starts again, awkwardly, "So, I talked to your parents about hanging out there and then we're going to watch movies and-" "Wait, you talked to my parents? When?"

"Oh, I did that yesterday." "How?" "I kind of stole your parents' numbers from your phone when we were studying yesterday..." "Oh...," I laugh a little. "Yeah...," he scratches the back of his neck, "Well, we have the movies, a lot of candy, possible homework, pillows, blankets, etc." "Sounds like you went all out on this," I grin. "I kind of did, didn't I?" He grins back. "Yes you did," I smile, grabbing his hand and leading him outside.

My house.
"Okay, here are all of the movies," Liam says, dumping the DVDs from the plastic bag onto the couch. He grabs them and sets them over the coffee table, sitting down next to me. "Any ideas for the first movie?" "Hmm," I look at the selections and think for a moment. I knew about half of them from my childhood and others were just movies I've heard about. "How about we do a Halloweentown marathon?" I suggest, grabbing the first movie. "Sure," Liam nods, getting up and putting the movie into the player.

***
"Refill on popcorn?" Liam asks me in the middle of the movie. "Sure, thanks," I hand him the bowl and watch him head to the kitchen. I look back at the tv and continue watching. Liam comes back a few minutes later and sets the bowl between us. We share the bowl and finish it again within twenty minutes. By then, the movie almost finishes. Once it is done, Liam gets up to get us more. I switch out the DVD and put in the second movie.

***
We were now three movies into the night. My parents had come home and ordered all of us pizza. Throughout the movie, Liam and I ate and kept making more popcorn. Every other time I would get the popcorn, but he would take the bowl from me on my way back to the couch. As the third movie finishes at about nine, I get up to throw away our trash. Liam follows and refills our drinks. "Are you having fun?" He asks, adding ice into my glass of water. "Yeah, you?" I reply, refilling our bowl of candy. "Good, and yes," he smiles, grabbing our two drinks. I grin and head back to the living room, Liam following.

"Can I ask you something?" I ask him, setting the candy bowl on the table and putting in the fourth movie. "Sure, what is it?" Liam responds, sitting down on the couch. "Why me?" I set the DVD case down and walk back to the couch. "What?" Liam asks. "Why me?" I ask again, looking at him this time. "C'mon (Y/N), this again? You already know the answer behind that." "Yeah, I know, but I wasn't sure if you still thought that."

"(Y/N)," he starts, leaning in closer and tucking a hair behind my ear, "You're the only girl I see, and the only girl I want." Shivers begin to run down my spine. "No one has ever said that to me before," I say, shocked. "Well, I'm both disappointed and honored to be the first to do so," he grins. I laugh and grin back. "So...," I say. "So...," he says. "So...movie?" "What? Oh, right." Did I just snap him out of his thoughts...?

//Feedback would be appreciated, thank you. //