Part 23

• • •

"Will you be my girlfriend?" Liam asks. "Wait, what?" I ask, stunned. I was sitting next to him on the grass of my background. "Do you want to be my girlfriend?" He asks again, a nervous laugh adding to it. "Y-yes," I choke out, a smile escaping from my lips. "Really?" His eyes light up as bright as the moon. "Yes," I say, pulling him into a hug. I feel him tense but loosen a moment later, wrapping me into a tight hug. When we were about to pull away, that's when I realized... It wasn't summer, it was now winter. The grass of my backyard didn't look like this, we were somewhere I didn't know. Lastly, I knew Liam wouldn't ask me out, I had doubts about that. So, putting the pieces together, this wasn't real, this was a dream.

I sit up in my bed and look at the time. My iPhone charger read 9:30 am on Saturday morning. It wasn't long until Christmas. Break had just began, if you count the weekend. I was going out to lunch with Liam. I decide to take shower and bring in my speaker (charger). I turn the Bluetooth on and put on Pandora. As one of my radios plays, I turn the hot water on and get my towels. I quickly run back to my bedroom and grab my black skinny jeans, a black tank top, and a red, white, and black plaid button down. I race back into the bathroom with my clothes and lock the door. Setting the clothes down, I turn the fan on, then strip out of my pajamas. After that, I slowly step into the hot shower and begin.

I exit the bathroom after getting dressed and doing my hair and makeup. I had only black mascara and a pale purple eyeshadow on. In the mirror, it looked like an okay job, but I still didn't fully like it. My hair was in a basic bun and left as my naturally wavy hair. When I head back to my room, I check my phone after turning the music off and notice a text from Liam:

Hiii. Is picking you up at 11:30 still good?

I check the time and see it was already 10:40. I think of ways to kill time, but come up with nothing.

Me: Or maybe earlier? I'm all set and bored :/

Liam: Okay, I can get you at 11 then :)

Me: Okay :)

Liam: See you soon x

Me: :) x

I decide to kill time by going on Pinterest. I make sure my bag is packed with my headphones, wallet, gum, and later phone. 10:58, I hear the doorbell ring. At first it scares the shit out of me, but then I remember Liam. I put my phone in my back pocket and slip on my boots (like Liam's tan ones).

Once the laces are tied, I put my bag over me and head downstairs. I unlock the door and see Liam. We exchange smiles and o lock the door behind me, making sure I now had my keys. I add them into my bag and take Liam's extended hand.

He opens my door and helps me into the car, now releasing my hand. We smile at each other once again and he gets into the driver's side. After the car is started, he backs out of the driveway and begins driving. "So, where are you taking me?" I receive a smile as he focuses on the road.

"I was thinking of Applebee's or Steak 'N' Shake?" "Steak 'N' Shake! I haven't been there for a few years!" Liam laughs and nods, "Okay, we can go there. Do you want to go to the mall afterwards?" "For what?" "I need to look for Christmas gifts for my family still and I know you know their tastes." "I don't exactly know their tastes..." "Yes, you do. You met Ruth on Thanksgiving, you two got to know each other pretty quickly, from what I could see." "Oh, right..."

Flashback:
Liam had invited my family over for Thanksgiving. I was surprised at first, we weren't dating or anything, and inviting my parents too, that was a shock. My parents were coming over at 5:00, but Liam's mom had told me to come around 12:30. When I walk up to the door, Karen automatically opens it. "Hi honey," she says, smiling. "Hi," I smile back, walking inside. "Thank you for coming so early," she adds, closing the door. "No problem," I grin. "I just wanted you to meet Nicola and Ruth before dinner, I have a feeling you three will connect well." "I bet we will." Liam walks into the room and stops. "Oh, hey," he says to me, smiling and walking up to me, giving me a side hug. I smile and hug him back. We pull away and he heads to the kitchen. "C'mon (Y/N), I'll introduce you to my sisters." "Okay," I start to follow him. "Have fun," I hear Karen say as we enter the kitchen.

***
"So, (Y/N), you aren't dating our brother?" Ruth asks as she mashes the potatoes. I laugh and shake my head, "No." "Darn," she shakes her head and continues with the potatoes. "Why?" Nicola asks as she puts the turkey into the oven. "Why what?" I ask, sitting down with my water. "Why aren't you two dating?" Nicola replies. "I don't know," I sigh and shrug. "He needs to grab some balls," Ruth adds. "Ruth!" Nicola says, laughing too. We all laugh and I shake my head once again.

I get to know Liam's sisters quickly and figure out we had a lot in common. We continue talking and finish up the cooking. When Nicola goes to the store to run a quick errand, Ruth and I continue getting to know each other. I realized how alike Liam was to his sisters and loved that.

End of flashback.

"She likes scarfs, gift cards to Amazon and the mall. She also likes iTunes gift cards and a few different genres of books." "See, this is why I need you." "Aww, cute," I laugh, but die inside. "Thanks, I try," a smile forms at his mouth. Time passes with the sound of the radio. "Okay, we're almost there," Liam tells me, pulling into the parking lot of the restaurant.

"Ruth stills annoys me about you," I laugh. "Why?" He laughs back, stopping the engine. "Well, both of your sisters have bugged me lately. They think we're dating in a way." "We have acted like that, so I can see why they think that." "Yeah, and it's been since that day, they text me almost every day asking about us." "Well, that sucks for them then," Liam says, getting out of the car. My mood drops and I get out of the car, following him inside. "Yeah, it does."