Part 16

• • •

Your POV
It was now the fourth quarter. There was only ten minutes left in the game. We were down seven points, the score being 23-30. I watch as Liam leans his right arm back and throws the football across the field. A teammate of his catches it, running about 15 yards before getting tackled. Failed plays continue from our team. When the clock reaches just over four minutes, I decide to stand up and go to the fence that separated the walkway around the stands and the track.

Andi gives me a look when I glance back at her, but I continue to the fence. I stand between random people I don't know and lean forward, looking out onto the field. A moment later I see Andi to my right and watch the players too. Liam had the ball again. The clock starts to count down again. Here's my chance. I lean a little bit more forward on the fence and yell, "YOU CAN DO IT LIAM! I BELIEVE IN YOU!" I say it loud enough for the players on the sideline in front of me to hear, but not Liam. He tries to run pass the players on the opposite team who were coming after him. He runs a few yards and makes a first down.

"Oh Jesus Christ," I say to no one in particular and climb the fence. A few players notice and raise their eyebrows. I see the coach and stand next to him. He gives me a look and asks, "Who are you and why are you over here?" I ignore giving him a response and see Liam getting ready to throw again. "YOU CAN DO IT, LIAM! I BELIEVE IN YOU!" I shout again, hoping he can hear me this time. "Oh please, make that girl shut up!" One player says. I turn around and glare at him. He laughs and I focus back on Liam. He was looking at me and winks, going back to the game. He leans back again and throws the ball. Random players start muttering to each other about me and I ignore them. One second it's just me, then the next, I have Andi next to me. "HARRY! CATCH THE BALL AND RUN!" She shouts out to him. He hears her and runs after the ball, running over 40 yards, scoring a touchdown. I look at Andi wide eyed. We have the same expression on our faces, shock and excitement. I lean in and hug her. "We did it, Andi!" "I know right?!" She smiles and hugs me back.

The crowd on our side cheers and I look at the scoreboard. It was now 29-30. We just needed the extra point to be tied. We only had two minutes left. I really hoped we could win. Our kicker takes his turn and is successful. Our side cheers again and I catch Liam smiling at me. 'Good job, Payno,' I mouth to him. 'All thanks to you,' he mouths. I glance at Andi and see she was mouthing something to Harry. I look back and forth from Harry to Andi and laugh. The scoreboard was now 30-30. 1:48 left in the whole game.

A few plays happen, including our defense blocking the opponent from making any first downs. We were doing good as far as defense. I glance at the clock again and see we had only 56 seconds left. Liam had the ball once again and had 10 yards to run if he had to score himself. That's exactly what happened. Liam found an opportunity and ran around a group of Northwood players and scored the winning touchdown. I jump in excitement and debate rather or not to run out there now or later. The team scores the extra point and jump up in excitement. The announcer says the final score and I hear cheers from our supporters once again.

Northwood players slowly walk off the field to the other side and I run over to Liam. Andi follows behind me a moment later, noticing Harry a few feet away from Liam. Liam sees me when I am halfway and meets me on our 50 yard line. He picks me up and spins me around. I know many people are still here, but I don't care. I've dreamed about something like this happening to me for years. Liam smiles at me and leans in, just as the thunder booms. Liam sets me down and wraps his arms around my waist. He smiles again and pulls me to him, connecting our lips just as the rain begins to fall. We laugh when the first raindrop hits us and kiss again. He pulls away slightly and looks down at me, smiling again.

"What?" I ask, grinning. "You saved us tonight." "What? That was nothing..." "(Y/N), you really did save us." "Andi did too," I say, trying to give her some of the credit. "Yes, she did too, but that's Harry's job to tell her." "Oh? Then what's your job?" I raise my eyebrows. "To congratulate you." "And how will you do that?" I see a smirk form at his mouth and he leans in once again, our lips moving in sync.

// AN: I wrote this whole listening to "Ready to Run" on repeat. I love this single so much. Feedback would be appreciated. Thank you. //