3. an explanation

-vincent's point of view- (from what happened last chapter)

i walk upstairs and straight into zak's room, setting my things down where i usually do since i've been here many times.

i go and sit down at his desk to mess around on his computer. i was about to open minecraft but i saw something that caught my eye. he has another tab open.

the tab says something about age regression. me having no clue what that is, decides to read what was on the page. as i read i can't help but become more confused. i got the concept but why did zak have this page open.

does he regress?

does he know someone that does?

is this new for him?

did he just hear about it and was curious, then ended up leaving the tab open?

i had a lot of questions running through my mind. i then look next to his computer and see a blue stuffed bunny. i think back to how the article said stuffed animals are comforting to the little.

i hold the stuffed animal in my head slowly trying to process everything when i hear footsteps. i spin around in zak's chair to face the door and there was zak beginning to announce what he had brought up for us.

his eyes quickly glossed over as he noticed what i had discovered. he dropped what was in his hands and dashed to the bathroom.

i was following after him as quick as possible but he was to fast. he locked the bathroom door before i was able to get to him.

-zak's pov -

i slammed the bathroom door and locked it all while trying to calm myself from panicking.

why would i even leave the tab open. and why didn't i put my stuffie away. wait not 'stuffie' , a stuffed animal.

"zak, open the door. i just want to talk to you." i hear vincent's muffled voice through the door. i shake my head but realize he can't see me so i mumble a 'no'.

"you're just gonna make fun of me." i sniffled, wiping my assumed to be red eyes. feeling more and more childish by the second, involuntarily.

"zak, i care about you a lot. you're my best friend. i would do anything for you and i just want you to feel better. i don't know if this is something you are interested and something you want to do but i will one hundred percent back you up." this makes me cry even more only because i know it's genuine.

i get up from the floor shakily and unlock the door. when i open it i immediately launch myself into vincent's arms and feel the comfort as his arms wrap around me.

"vincent there's a lot i have to tell you" i say against his chest.

"and i'm here to listen bud" he says softly as i smile at his response.

- time skip -

after i was calmed down from my breakdown we went back to my room and sat on the bed.

"are you ready to talk?" vincent says breaking the silence. i nod and begin to tell him everything.

"i was diagnosed with depression and anxiety since a little kid, around 9 or 10 actually. the thing is it wasn't even my parent that found out. my teacher saw i how i was acting and got my parents to take me to a doctor and therapist. even though i was diagnosed my parents dismissed it saying i was faking it. my parents were always unloving i guess you could say. they never actually gave me the care i needed and would give my sister everything, and i would get nothing. also, i get bullied at school which you already could tell from earlier today. that makes it hard because i'm not safe at school or a home. it's just been really hard and i haven't been able to be the kid i always wanted to. which gets us to the age regression thing. i had a panic attack yesterday and decided to look up more ways to calm myself and age regression came up. i was curious and decided to look into it, that's all. but i obviously left the tab open and that led to this." i explain finally looking up at him.

"zak i wish i would've noticed before but i'm glad you told me. i'm glad you trust me enough to tell me, and i want to help you with any and everything. and with the age regression, is that something you would be interested in?" he says and i blush comes to my face when he asks the question.

"umm, maybe. when i read about it, it sounded nice but i wouldn't have anybody to care for me. i don't want to do it by myself." i mumbled.

"well, what if i care for you in the mean time. just looking out for you here and there until we find you can actual permanent caregiver. and then i know you like darryl. you'd want him to be your caregiver huh?" he teases and i blush once again.

i may have a teeny tiny crush on darryl. just a little one.

"that would be nice but he probably doesn't even know anything about this." i say getting sad again.

"hey it's okay bud. you know he would never judge you but you have me for right now. so now that we talked about everything, let's do something right now that'll make you happy. what do you wanna do?" he wipes the tears that had been on my face.

"oou oou, i wanna play survival with you and bad!can we?" i say jumping up from the bed and bouncing on my feet excitedly.

he smiles at me and i can tell my sudden mood change made him happy as well. he responds by simply taking out his laptop from his bag and saying "of course we can." and i don't ever think i've been this happy in a while.

i log onto my computer and set up a new survival world. i go into teamspeak and get into a group that has all of us set into it already.

i decided to contact bad and get him into the call. he finally answers the phone and begins to speak.

"hey zak"

"hi bad" vincent and i said at the same time.

"wait who's that other voice?" he asks. "it's vincent"

"oh hey, why'd you guys call?"

"we wanna play survival with you. can you play bad please?" i whine through the phone.

"of course i'll play!" "okay i'll send the ip and get into the teamspeak." i say right before hanging up with the biggest smile on my face.

"bad really makes you happy doesn't he?" vincent questions with a soft smile of admiration on his face.

i just smile even bigger if that's possible and nod softly.

we finally get everything set up and begin to play survival. in the next two minutes there's a bunch of screaming, laughing, and jokes and i couldn't be any happier.

___

it took me so long to update for no reason so i'm sorry about that.

also you guys are probably like "when is zak gonna be little?" but i didn't want to rush into it. i want it to gradually be put into the story over time like how it'll probably happen irl to someone.

i hope you guys enjoyed this chapter though and again, don't be afraid to correct any of my errors. i actually really appreciate it.