5. realization

[ so if you haven't read my last authors update. this book will no longer take place with them in school. just pretend it's summer time because the things with his parents will still be going on. it just makes this book a lot easier for me to write without  worrying about the school aspect. ]

zak's pov
i wake up feeling well rested for one of the first times in a while. sitting up in my bed i notice a bunch a empty chip bags, cookie crumbs, and juice pouches and then a passed out vincent next to me.

for some reason my mind is fuzzy and i feel a little dazed.

what happened yesterday?

i decide to wake up vincent from his slumber to get some answers. shaking him and saying his name a couple of times did the trick.

"i'm up, i'm up. you can stop shaking me now." he says wiping the sleep from his eyes. "woah, i didn't know we made this much of a mess." he laughs.

"yeah about that, what happened yesterday?" i ask hesitantly. he looks at me confused. "wait you don't remember anything?"

i shake my head no. "not really everything is kind of fuzzy. i don't really know what went on except...me making darryl mad. oh my gosh what happened after that." i say getting a little worried.

"oh i think i know why you don't remember anything." he starts. i give him a look, telling him to continue.

"well zak i'm pretty sure you slipped for the first time yesterday."

"what do you mean slipped. your confusing me." i say getting a little upset.

"well after your little fight with darryl, i found you in your room crying about the situation. and i guess from all the stress and how you were feeling, you slipped into a younger mindset. your headspace, which goes along with the age regression thing, is why you might not remember anything. i could tell you had slipped because your speech changed and you were a lot more clingy than usual. so i told you to lay down, i put on a little cartoon and we hung out and had snacks. which explains the mess." he explains.

i didn't know how to feel but after he explained everything, it all came back to me. i remember feeling younger than usual and the cartoon and just feeling small overall.

"so that was basically my first time being little?"

"yeah pretty much. how are you feeling about it?" he questions.

"i mean it was definitely unexpected but it wasn't bad at all. i felt really safe and small and i like that feeling i guess." i confess, tearing up a little from this new feeling.

"and that's a good thing. you're supposed to feel like that. i'm proud of you zak, don't cry." vincent said pulling me into a hug. "thank you vinny. i really don't know what i'd be doing without you."

"don't thank me. that's what i'm here for. we're best friends." he pulls back with a smile.

"now there's something else that we have to do now that you're big again. we have to talk to darryl because i'm not letting this minor inconvenience ruin anything between you two. do you understand?"

i let out a sigh but i nod, knowing when vincent says something like that it goes. [oof vinny has big natural caregiver energy lol]

"but can you do it for me though. what if i say the wrong things and he gets even more mad at me."

"i will help you but you have to communicate as well. this involves both of you and it needs to be fixed. i can guarantee that he's not even mad at you zak." i know that he's probably right, so with a huff i get up and get to teamspeak. i let vincent take over though and i sat next to him.

"alright you ready zak?" he asks. i let out a breath and nod. vincent shot a text to darryl telling him to join the teamspeak and soon enough we were all sitting in a call together.

"hey vincent what's up?" darryl says speaking first.

"hey darryl, um i actually needed to talk to you...well we do. i'm here with zak and we need to clear some things up."

"um okay." he responds with a confusing tone.

"okay first off, are you mad a zak?" that question makes me feel anxious as i wait for the answer. "no of course not why would you think that!" i let out the breath i didn't know i was holding.

"well i didn't think you were but he sure did." vincent explains. "why isn't he saying anything then?" darryl questions.

vincent mutes the teamspeak and looks over at me. "can i say? i won't tell him everything you know, but he needs to know how you're feeling."

"yeah i trust you vinny." with that he unmutes the mic and begins to speak again.

"sorry bout that darryl, but he's not really talking because he's just been really stressed and with you guys' fight yesterday it piled up on top of everything else and caused him to break down a little bit. he really thought you hated him and didn't want to talk to him." he clarifies.

"really are you serious? zak, talk to me please. i definitely don't hate you. i was just mad at the moment. i actually was really upset with myself with not checking up on you yesterday, but i thought you wouldn't want to talk to me either." he states.

"you know i can never stay mad at you anyway zak." he say with a small laugh and i smile a bit.

"i understand darryl but m'sorry still for messing up your stuff all the time." i apologize because for some reason i can't help it.

"that doesn't matter anymore zak. all that matters is that you're okay now. i should be the one sorry for causing that breakdown of yours." he sighs.

"that's not your fault either. things have just been really stressful and i needed to let it out." i tell him realizing he was blaming himself for my troubles.

"okay now that you guys have made up and discussed everything, are you guys good now?" vincent says jumping back into the conversation.

we both respond with a "yes" and end the call on a good note with a bunch of "i'll talk you you later".

i stand up from sitting next vincent and stretch, feeling a lot more relieved after the conversation. vincent turns around in my chair and stands up as well.

"see that wasn't so bad wasn't it." vincent says almost with an i told you so look on his face.

"no it wasn't bad at all. thanks for the help." i say with a small smile.

"no problem. also zak, i have an idea but i suggest we clean up that big food mess we made last night." we both laugh as we look at the bed that looks like a tornado just hit it. i nod in agreement, and we begin to clean up, but i can't help but think about what his plan could include the entire time.

___

it's about time i put out a new chapter. thanks for being patient and for the feedback on my previous note.

also we'll be seeing more 'little zak' in the next chapter. so be prepared for an overload our smol cute zak lol.

ALSO THANKS FOR 1K READS. I LOVE YOU GUYS!!