A Romantic Trick

"Let me get this straight. You get to go on a date with Itome if you get five points. And you currently have none and it's already Wednesday." said Yui, leaning against Yuri's desk. "And you want my help?"

"Yes." Yuri said with a burning desire behind his eyes.

"Ayato, I love you, but trying to help you get Itome to kiss you or even say 'Thank you' three times in a day? That's like getting Akemi to confess to Yuu." said Yui with a shake of his head.

"Have hope..." Yuri said, making puppy eyes.

"Fine, but don't blame me when things go wrong." Yui sighed, ruffling Yuri's hair.

Yuri hummed happily, knowing that Yui was on his side. Who better to have help him than his childhood friend in a happy relationship?

"So, where you are now, you need to get two points today and tomorrow. How to get him to willing kiss you... CPR?" Yui suggested.

Yuri shook his head. He wanted to use it as a last resort. He thought of tempting him with something, but knowing Itome, he wouldn't fall for it. Getting him to willingly kiss him was borderline impossible. He looked at Yui who looked just as lost.

"What other situations would he have to willingly kiss you in...?" Yui muttered. "I know! A dare."

"Nope." Yuri replied.

Sure, he was given the choice to kiss him or not, but it wasn't like he was willingly going to. He would do it just to avoid the punishment. Yuri started to give up. There was genuinely no other way than CPR. And he could only use the trick once.

"Forget it..." Yuri mumbled, letting his head rest against the desk. "Wishful thinking..."

Yui proceeded to text the others about the deal. He did want Yuri to be successful, but clearly there was no way to win this deal, at least not at the stage they were currently at.

"Hey, Ayato. Where are you going?" Yui asked, watching Yuri walk away.

He never got an answer.

❀⋆❀⋆❀

Akemi poked his head into Itome's classroom then made his way over to him. Itome looked then internally sighed. He was either going to scold him for something that happened ages ago or talk about how much he wanted to be with Yuu.

"Shiro, I heard you made a deal with Yuri?" Akemi said, holding onto his desk.

"How do you know about that?" he asked in surprise.

"The walls have eyes and ears." Akemi said with a smile. "Five points and he earns himself a date. Pretty nice until what he's required to do."

"And? What's your point?" asked Itome.

"If you didn't want to go on a date, you could've said so and been done with it. It's not like you to play with someone, that's my thing. And Kyo." said Akemi with a concerned look.

"I didn't want to say no, but I didn't want to say yes. He's just so... strange. Who in their right mind would go on a date with him..." Itome confessed, his words tasting strangely bitter. "So I made it nearly impossible on purpose."

Akemi slapped him with a disappointed look on his face. This wasn't Itome Koshiro. There had to be more to this. Itome babied his cheek as he glared at Akemi.

"Tell me the whole truth. Everyone knows you're a gentle giant." said Akemi, placing his hand on Itome's arm. "Don't hurt your friend like this."

"I did tell you the whole truth... I couldn't find the heart to turn him down." said Itome.