4

cassie p.o.v

i walk into my first class. they had moved all our schedules around after the Quill printer had messed them up in the first place. i had life skills first. so i look t the map and see that the classroom is only 2 right turns away from our room.

after i am dressed i walk down to the dining room to get some coffee and toast. i sit ow with the rest of my friends and join in on their conversation

" hey "

" hey"

" How was your guys morning " 

" It was okay "

we chat for a little longer and then hear the bell all walk to our classes. i see Vivian in my class. i wave to her and I sit down next to her and grab my book out of my satchel. i grab a stray pencil and get out my textbook. 

" hello class "

" hello "

everyone mutters un-inthuasticly.

" Open your textbooks to page 234 " 

the sound of around 300 people's textbook pages flipping. and pencil pouches opening. 

"everyone's life skills are about learning how to survive in the non-magical world, how to do basic addition, how to do your taxes or basic recipes. this class is so that you can have a seceussfull life without magic if that need arises. " 

i begin to take notes and see that Vivan passed me a note 

ask to go to the bathroom 

" may i go to the bathroom

" yes " the teacher flicks his hand and i am in the girl's restroom of my commons

i see Vivan in there 

" What is this for "

"I wanted to show you this "

" she shows me a piece of paper with a omanus riddle written on it. go to the fourth brick in the wall of three. i walk out of the bathroom to go to the third wall and the fourth brick in. i tug. and a ring comes out. i didn't want to wear it so i give it to Lelia, she puts the wring on gladly and her eyes glow. 

" take it off," i say in a panic 

" no," Lelia says with a dead-eyed stare

A/N  sorry this chapter is sho but the next one will be longer.