Chapter 6: Willow in the Forest

Gemenon: V-world

Clarice stood before her Cylon congregation. Clarice spoke prophetically of the role Zoe would serve in progressing the Cylon race and the freedom she would bring. Even as she said this, Clarice saw something that shocked her. In the congregation sat Zoe Graystone.

“Zoe!” Clarice exclaimed.

“You must pay more attention to your surroundings,” Zoe said. Clarice realized too late that the voice was not Zoe’s and the person standing before her was holding Hades’ cane. The person who looked like Zoe flashed brilliant colors as the coding making up their V-world avatar changed. Suddenly Hades was standing before Clarice in place of the Zoe imposter.

“Disperse!” Hades yelled over his shoulder. The Cylons all left at once.

“How many times must I tell you, Clarice?” Hades asked.

“Tell me what?” Clarice asked.

“Everything in V-world is an illusion. We are going into the domain of beings with powers you can only dream of. What you saw of Zoe doesn’t begin to scratch the surface of their potential.”

“I will be more observant in the future.”

“I hope so, for your sake. The next time, you may be looking down the gullet of a dragon that you thought was a horse.”

“I understand.”
“Now go, bring the Blessed Mother here. The V-world we have searched for has arrived.”

Caprica

Zoe entered Durham’s office. He had finally called her in for a mission.

“Okay, what have you got?” Zoe asked.

“A mission fitting of your talents,” Durham answered.

“It’s not like an assassination or something, is it?”

“No, I‘m looking for information about a possible smuggling operation.”

“What sort of smuggling?”
“We believe the Cylon rights activists under Clarice Willow are helping to smuggle Cylons off world.”

“How can I help?”
“I need you to infiltrate the Vergis Corporation. We found information in that safe house where you were shot that point to their involvement in funding the smuggling operations.”

“I can’t travel off world. Robots have a bad habit of setting off metal detectors.”

“I’ve already set everything up. The ship is waiting at the Caprica City Spaceport.”

“I’ll get going then.” Zoe turned and left the office.

As Zoe found her way to the space port, she met with a fellow Caprica Legionary, Alastair Gaeta. Alastair led her past the security to her ship and she was soon on her way to Tauron.

Gemenon: V-world

Clarice and Lacy found the area in V-world where they were to meet Hades. They had been instructed to dress their Avatars for a hike, but they had been instructed to meet at an indoor setting within the V-world underground. They found the door Hades had described. It was a simple door with a stylized letter “T” on it. Hades, however, was nowhere to be seen.

After a few minutes, Hades finally made an appearance. He had a long black trench coat over his customary suit and was also wearing a pair of leather gloves.