Chapter 4

Namjoon's POV

Here I am, in front of the class, teaching my college students. I'm a lecturer? Well, not yet. I'm just doing this just because my professor want me to help him while he goes abroad.

This is actually what I really want, to be a lecturer. I have finished my bachelor degree and I am continuing my master degree right now.

"Okay class, that's it for today. See you for the next week and be ready, maybe I will give some quick exam for you". I said.

I went out of the classroom to the lecturer room to submit an attendance list. Suddenly my phone ringing. My father name on the screen.

"Yes dad?" I said.

"Where are you Son? Please come to my office this afternoon. I have something to discuss with you". He said.

I furrow my forehead, "Discuss about what?"

"Just come okay, i want to talk to you face to face".

"Okay dad, I will come".

This is weird, I smell something fishy. Fyi, my father really want me to take care of his company, but I don't want to do that. That's not what I really want to do for life.

-----------------------------------------------------------

at Namjoon's father's office.

When I arrived in the office, many employee smile and talk to me. Well they already know me. I had replaced my father for a few months when he visited my hyung company in New York.

I knock my father room and said "Dad, I am here".

My father saw me and told me to sit properly in front of him.

"Well, Son. You know, I'm getting old and your mother wants to see you get married soon."

"Dad, I already told you that I don't want to be a CEO of this company. I want to be a..."

"Lecturer? Please Namjoon, I know. But you know it's not a good job for you. With your brain and ability,  you can lead this company. Remember a few months ago when you replaced me, our company is growing rapidly just because of you."

I'm just quite, don't know what to say. Actually I know this will be come to me someday, but still. I find it hard to accept.

".....and your mother, she's getting weak.  You have to replace me too. I'm sorry to tell you this, but we arrange you with one of my friend's daughter"

My eyes widened, "Dad, what are you talking about. You know I'm not ready to get married."

"Sorry Namjoon, this is what your mother want. You know how her condition, right?".

I fist my hand, my mother sick of leukemia. We tried to treat it but mother's condition didn't improve.

"Dad, I would consider being a chairman but please don't arrange married me. I don't even know the girl".

My father sigh, "I just want your mother happy".

"I will talk to her letter, dad". I said.

"Okay, but please. Don't make her sad Namjoon."

"Of course dad. I gotta go dad, see you at home".

"Ahh wait Namjoon, could you stop at ice cream parlor? Your brother want it. He is text me earlier"

I chuckled, "yes. of course, dad".

I left my father's office and make a quick stop in the ice cream parlor and bought 3 ice cream, chocolate for me, mint chocolate for my brother and strawberries for my mom.

Yeah, I have 2 brothers. My hyung is Kim Seokjin, two years older than me. He's married with Bora noona, arrange married. Bora noona is a kind and wise person, that's why even it was arranged, my hyung really love her. My dongsaeng is four years younger than me, his name is Kim Taehyung. We called him Taetae. He's a cute boy and forever be a baby in our home. Well, weird baby because of his unique personality.