serendipitous. // mihyo

Jihyo sat down at her desk, being basically set on organizing the files that had been faxed to her that day and the day preceding. A knock at the door snapped her out of her "project"... more or less. "Come in." Her voice was one of authority and power, yet not a hint of belittling was to be found at the same time.

"Jihyo. I have more papers for you. I'm sorry, I know you're stressed out..." the younger woman said as she meekly walked in. "... it must be hard. Your job, I mean."

"Nothing I can't handle, Secretary Myoui." Jihyo sighed, straightening out her suit jacket. "Thank you for your concern, though." She forced a quick smile. Miss Myoui wasn't convinced, but left her boss alone - no more pushing, lest she may be pinned as a burden. She disappeared just as quickly as she came.

"Man, I wish Jihyo would tell me what's really happening. She can't have it together, she just can't. I won't believe it." Miss Myoui bothered her own self aloud, drawing the attention to herself from her fellow coworkers.

The woman at the desk straight across from hers spoke up. "Mina. I'm sure she can handle it. I trust her as the essential leader of our company, and I'm sure you do too, right?"

"Yes, Nayeon, I know.. I do trust her. But I know she's stressed, and I know she needs help, but she won't fucking... TELL ME. I just want to help." Mina sighed, almost exasperatingly.

"I know something you can do." came another voice from somewhere else in the office. "You have the hots for Miss Park, don't you?" Her smirk was evident in her voice.

"Momo... please... with the entire room to hear?" Mina whined in embarrassment. Her coworkers all snickered to themselves. "Besides, I'm not gonna take her on a date - I don't have a chance. Why would I? That would just put more on her."

"Who said anything about a date?" someone else spoke up, catching onto Momo's drift. "We think you should FUCK HER! God knows we'd all fuck Miss Park if we had the chance!"

"SANA?" Mina half-shouted, shocked at how filthy the last girl had been. "Holy shit." She spoke again, this time to herself. "Sana..." Her voice was shaky and her face was only getting redder by the moment. "Well... You're right I guess..."

The rest of the morning passed with the office falling silent for the most part. The room only stirred whenever Mina had decided to get up and leave, to everyone's surprise - she was the best employee there, being the secretary and never missing a day, even as she was ill.

To everyone's relief, she returned - with food no less. Jihyo's favorite food from the café across the street, and a hot chocolate to calm Jihyo's nerves, as it always did.
Mina found herself standing in front of her CEO's door once again, swallowing her own nerves and knocking. "Jihyo."

Jihyo heard from the inside, sighing and bracing herself for another stack of papers, only to be met with a pleasant surprise whenever she allowed Mina into the room. When she realized she was brought her favorite meal, her worried eyes remained, but on her face formed a genuine smile. "Thank you so much." Jihyo said with a sincere gratefulness in her voice. "Can I be honest, Mina?" She said, as the other woman walked to her desk and set down the food.

"Of course, you can always be honest with me. I'm here to take on whatever you can't. I mean, you can take it all, but you shouldn't. That wasn't me calling you weak." God, she only hoped Jihyo would tell the whole truth this time.

"Mina." Jihyo paused. "You're the best secretary ever, you know that?" The secretary smiled shyly to herself upon receiving the compliment. "That wasn't what I was going to say, but I know you should hear it." Mina bowed slightly in thanks, waiting patiently for what her boss would say next. "What I wanted to say was... well, I can't go into full detail since I'd like to separate my work life from my home one, but so much is happening to me personally. Well.. See... I... Ah, fuck it." Jihyo weighed the pros and cons of telling Mina, and she quickly decided that she would tell her.