[ 7 ]

It is the next morning and Matteo slept with Jay in tthe same bed. They didn't leave each other a second. They both still sleep when Owen and Amelia get into the room. Amy carefully knocks at the door.
'goodmorning'
they wake up.
'hey' Jay says
'who is that woman?' Matteo asks.
'Doctor Shepherd, she is real good.'
'thank you' Shepherd replies 'I want to do a little checkup on you, Matteo, if you are okay with that.'
'sì'
'okay let's start with your full name and date of birth, then I can make a charge for you.'
'Matteo Ferro. I am 10 years old, next week I will become 11. July 14th.'
'okay let me count, you are born in 2008?'
'yes I am.'
'okay. Shepherd gives him a High Five.' 

After Shepherd Owen comes for an checkup. 'I want to check your blood levels, so I am going to get a little bit of blood out of your arm and in a few hours we will know if you are okay!' he is such a sweety with him. He notice he don't find it a good idea. 'You think it's scary?' Matteo nodds.
'Doctor Shepherd, can you get me a blood test?'
'Ofcourse doctor Hunt.' She puts a belt on his arm and asks him to make a fist. Then she carefully puts the needle in his vein and puts a little tube on the back of the needle. Then the tube fills itself with blood. When it's full, Shepherd removes the tube and put a tissue on the needle and then get the needle out of his vein and let him bend his arm.
'You only feel the cold of the needle a second when it goes in and then you don't feel anything at all!' Owen has convince him and can take some blood. He fills 3 tubes and then he is already done.
'is three tubes not to much?' he asks shocked.
'No, your body makes a lot of blood so within an hour you have all your blood back!' After the tubes with blood he measures his temprature, but that's fine.
'do you feel bad or do you have pain somewhere?' 
'No, I don't.'
'That  is so great!' he gives him a High Five too and then they leave.

That afternoon Owen comes back in. This times Deluca sits on a chair next to the bed with Matteo and Jay in it.
'Hey, I have your test results back.' Owen says.
'Okay, you don't sound like you have good news for us?' Jay goes sit up straigth.
'It is not very bad, but you have a short of Iron and vitamins.'
'Okay not so bad? You just mentioned two things he suppose to have but doesn't have?'
'Yeah and normally I would really worry, but knowing his background of  the last three years I totally understand the results.' he says. 'hey man, we are going to place a bed next to your big brother and we are going to give you an IV with everything you need. Doesn't that sounds good?'
'It does.' he replies. They put him in a bed and do give him the IV.

Deluca starts a conversation.
'Euhm, it makes it more difficult to get your custody now your brother is here. Since I am not married I am officialy an single 'father'. And next to that, I don't know if Meredith will likes it..'
'what do I need to like?' Meredith walks in and hugs Deluca.
'Well, now Matteo is here, I can't just foster Jay, but need to foster Matteo too, what means we are a compound familly with five childeren.'
'And you think I don't want you to foster two innocent kids with no parents? Are you crazy? Ofcourse you can!'
Deluca smiles and gives her a kiss.
'Will you marry him?' Jay asks. .
'sorry?'
'It is for him a lot easier to get the custody if he is married.' Jay says. 'Will you marry him?'
'well, once I will, but this is maybe not he moment. We aren't dating that long.. sorry..'
'no problem, just tell, whoever needs to know it that you have his back.'
'Yeah that is no problem.'
'What about a pizza party in here? I get the kids and Meredith orders some pizza?' Deluca asks. They all argree with the idea.