Chapter I. How it all begins...

Your p.o.v.

               - I don't know, man... I wish I could put you in my luggage and take you along, I let out a small laugh, slightly tainted with regret.

               - Stop with the cocking, you asshole. When the fuck were you going to tell me!? he was trying to act all offended, but I could sense a pitch of sadness in his own voice.

               It was a Saturday evening and I was on the phone with b/f/n. I've been trying to tell him about my departure all week, but haven't managed to gather up the courage until now, knowing it will break him.

               - Don't worry, (B/F/N). You will still remain my best friend no matter what. We still can keep in touch with each-

               - Yeah, whatever, cut the crap, he interrupted my emotional speech. He was still trying to put on a brave tone, but I could detect him sniff.

               - Ohhh, don't worry, you are a big boy. I'm sure you can take care of yourself without me. Don't cry baby, I say in a sarcastic tone, trying not to chuckle.

               - I'M NOT CRYING, YOU BITCH! (B/F/N) screamed like a maniac.

               I launch my head back, laughing hysterically at his sudden anger outburst, although I knew it was coming. Oh... How am I gonna miss this idiot and his unpredictable feats.

                In all honestly, (B/F/N) was the only person I was going to miss after leaving that shit hole of a school. I studied for two years and a half at John Bowne High School in New York.
From an academic perspective, the highschool wasn't bad at all; it had a satisfying graduation rate and most of the teachers were really involved in their activity, actually interested in helping the students reach their potential.

                I didn't have a problem with the school itself, but what really bugged me were the students. Seriously, the guys were violent assholes, the girls were gossip-bitches and the teachers couldn't give a fuck about all of this. Well... most of them were like that.

               Ever since I started going to this school I have been bullied for no reason. It only took one boy to begin to molest me and soon I became the laughing stock of the entire school. It started with jokes and gossips and puns and insults but it quickly escalated to threats adressed to me and to my familly, swear words and beatings.

               I remember one time three of my classmates waited for me after the school schedule was over and beat me...

               Flashback

               I was at the biology class, sitting at my desk and writing down some notes. I was trying to pay attention to the teacher's explanations and basically minding my own business, like I usually do.

               All of a sudden, I felt a crumbled piece of paper being thrown at me and colliding with my back. It was easy to tell what it was due to its consistency and the sounds it made. I stopped writing and placed my pen down next to my notebook, so I can take a look at it. I looked around me and saw that the crumbled paper landed a few inches away from my right foot. I bent down and lifted it up, beginning to uncrumble it, as muffled laughs could already be heard behind me. I uncrumble the sheet and neat it with my fingers, trying to tune out the annoying chuckling: on all of it where written swears and insults like: 'fucker', 'go kill yourself', 'son of a bitch', 'I'll kick your ass', 'we're gonna kill you'. I crumbled the piece back up and shoved it in my backpack, trying not to be disturbed anymore by the ironic-angry muttering of my classmates and instead trying to keep paying attention to the class.