6. We're just friends (Caitlynn)

Caitlynn's POV-

I stumbled forward. After a couple drinks my already bad balance was impossibly worse. I watched as my best friend danced with her boyfriend. I was happy for her to have found someone she loved like she loved Trevor, I was. But my heart still deflated when I saw them like this, it just reminded me that I was still here by myself yet again.

"I got you some water," I looked over to see my friend Zach smiling down at me.

"God bless your soul." I grabbed the water and quickly downed it.

It felt refreshing, just what I needed. I hadn't planned on drinking that much but my own feelings got to me more than I had expected them to.

"You want to go and get some fresh air?" Zach reached his hand out to me.

I nodded. I took his hand and let him lead me out of the party. Zach was one of my closest friends, minus my best friend Ella he was the one person I turned to the most. I hadn't expected it since I had only just started to actually talk to him this year but there wasn't anyone better than him. When my best friend was spending time with her boyfriend I was hanging out with Zach. I could have never guessed that I would have formed a bond with him like I did but I was so glad it happened. I couldn't imagine going into college with anyone one else by my side with me.

"How much have you drank?" He eyed me.

He stopped and sat on the front steps. I took the empty seat next to him.

"Two drinks." I answered.

He gave me a side eye letting me know he didn't believe that for a second.

"Three." I sighed.

He gave me another look.

"Fine, four but that's the truth." I shoved his shoulder lightly.

"Ok." He laughed.

"I'm basically sober so don't give me any of that." I gestured to his face.

"I saw you stumbling around in there." He raised his eyebrows.

"You know I have bad balance."

"What happened to you not drinking?" He questioned.

I know I told him I wasn't going to drink. The last party apparently wasn't enough deterrence from the devil liquid.

"Don't worry you won't have to hold back my hair as I throw up for the rest of the night."

"You know I'd do it though." He gave me a small smile.

"And if you ever decide to get drunk I'd have your back. You don't have any hair to hold back but I'd sit on the bathroom floor with you."

"I appreciate that."

I rested my head against his shoulder and just closed my eyes. I felt his arm wrap around my shoulder and I just let myself lean against him.

"Do you ever wish you had what Trevor and Ella have?" I asked.

"I mean I guess, why?"

"I just miss being in a relationship. I want to find my person."

"You're an amazing girl, any guy would be lucky to be loved by you." He squeezed my shoulder.

I pulled away from him and looked him in the eyes.

"You mean that?"

"I wouldn't say it if I didn't mean it." He chuckled.