37. cancelled flights

"You are so fucking stupid, Anastasia, I hope you know that," Ben paces the front of her bedroom, tugging nervously at his thick brown hair.

Ana huffed in response, plopping onto her back. She pulled her comforter over her head, "I know."

"He was basically confessing his love for you and you-"

"I know."

"You let him go. No, correction, you told him to leave."

"I know, Ben! I probably feel worse than you do!" She finally exclaimed, popping her head out from underneath the covers. "I feel so stupid, but what else was I supposed to do? Let him win? No, hell no."

"Either your stubborn or extreme," Ben thought with a tilt of his head, "Both."

Ana propped herself upon her knees, her arms wildly thrown through the air as she explained, "He was jealous and he has no right to be! He was angry and yelling and his face was all red. And I get that I did something similar but, like, mine was way less extreme and his was just blatantly rude!"

Ben sat down on the edge of her bed and grabbed her by the shoulders. "You're still fucking stupid."

She shrugged him off, "Well there's nothing I can do. He's on his flight to Los Angeles for the next six months and I have a wedding to shoot in two days."

Ben snorted and faced away from her with crossed arms.

"What?" Ana inquired. He shrugged like a child. "What?"

Ben whipped his head around, "His flight doesn't leave for another two hours, idiot."

Ana felt her head float up, her eyes glaze over with affectionate hope that only hopeless lovers with souls too far swelled could feel. Butterflies, no, a hurricane in her stomach lit fires across her skin.

Why was she so suddenly excited?

"Well," Ben stood, "I've got a show to go perform. Call me if you've decided to throw yourself off a building or chase him down at the airport to confess your undying love."

"You can't just leave me!" Ana jumped off of the bed and in front of her door, which Ben was reaching for.

He scoffed, "Five seconds ago you were cursing his name."

"Yes because I didn't think there was any chance-"

"And now there is. I see."

"Hey, dont hate the player. Hate the game," Ana popped a hip with a smug expression on.

"I can hate whoever I want so long as you understand you're running out of time." Ben smirked in response.

She grabbed his wrist and glanced at his watch. It was exactly 12:30. And his place left in one hour and fifty two minutes.

"How long is a can to the airport?" Ana asked as she began shedding her pajamas.

Ben leaned against her dresser as she tugged on a pair of jeans. He responded while he picked through different blouses for her. "Well, either one hour or an hour and half. Depending on the traffic. It's a Sunday afternoon so the traffic will be moderate. Just average New York traffic, ya know?"