Chapter 1-Salina

“Come on, please!” My little sister, Tia, begged me to go to a party.

“No.” I said for the millionth time.

“Well why not?” Tia pouted.

“Because I don’t know anyone there, and you know I don’t socialize well.”

“Johns gonna be there.” She smirked at me.

John has a studio in his house and sometimes, Tia goes there to record songs. She has an amazing voice. I’ve had a crush on John since like forever. There’s something about his green eyes that draws me in. In 2nd period yesterday, I looked at him just to see that he was already staring. I looked away quickly and heard him laugh.

“I don’t care about John.” I lied.

Tia pouted out her bottom lip. “Please.”

“Why do you even want me to go to the stupid party anyway?” I asked.

“Because I’m grounded and I want to know what it’s like in there.” Tia explained.

I laughed before she gave me a dirty look.

I shook my head at her and tutted. “What are you grounded for?”

“I took some money out of mom’s purse without asking.”

“Wow that is low chika.”

“Will you go or not? I’ll tell Johnathan nice things for you.” Tia batted her eyes and smiled sweetly at me.

That girl is relentless. I think she gets it from mom. You don’t have to be a genius to know that Latinas are stubborn. Tia wants me to go to this teen club called ‘The Mouth’. It’s on the other side of town and only cost $25 dollars to get in. I’ve been there before, but it was a dare to break in because they were closed. It’s actually shaped like a mouth. The tongue is the dance floor. It glows pink and has red lasers all over it. The teeth are kind of like beds. You sit on them and drink or lay down with whomever. I’ve heard that, security had to boot some people for doing the nasty on the beds. There are at least 3 cavities in The Mouth.  Each cavity is a minibar with chairs. They always have the best DJs. My friend, Alfred, tells me that the guy that runs the place is a producer. He also tells me that he’s super cute but I would expect that from probably the gayest guy in Orlando, Florida.

“Depends.” I said.

“On what?” Tia asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

“What are you going to tell him?” I asked challengingly.

“I don’t know I’ll just think of something. Please, please, please go!” Tia pleaded.

“Fine.”

Tia screeched and jumped up and down like a five year old. Ugh.

“On one condition.” I said causing Tia to frown.

“What?” Tia asked.

“You have to do all my chores for a month and buy me those sandals I was looking at.”

“Fine, just go.” Tia said looking slightly annoyed.

I Jumped off of the couch and ran upstairs to go get ready while thinking about the new pair of shoes I’m about to get.

I was about to go down the stairs but I had to ready myself for Tia. Whenever I dressed up nice she would overreact. I know I’m hot, but damn. I was wearing blue nail polish, black pumps, dark blue short jeans  and a silk frilly blue one strap shirt that went up to my belly button in the middle. I have to say that my favorite color is blue. My room walls are blue ad my ceiling is dark blue.  I had straightened my naturally curly hair and found some makeup to compliment my brown skin. I then sprayed myself with perfume and found myself perfect.