Chapter 2-John

• Dedicated to Georgeland Desir

I thought I heard some music playing. Well besides the music that I was already playing. I looked to my left and saw my phone vibrating next to a speaker. I was in my home studio. My dad got it for me for my 15th birthday. I’ve always wanted to be a producer so that’s probably why he got it. He’s never really around. He and my mother are always out of town, so he probably just got it so I would stay busy instead of wondering why my parents are never here. That didn’t work.

“Alright Tia take a break.” Tia nodded. She was here because she wanted me to help her make a few albums. Singing has always been her thing. When she found out that I had a studio she asked if she could come in and sing a few songs. I’m pretty sure that Tia is Sal’s little sister. Closer to the jackpot.

I turned the music down before I grabbed my phone and answered it.

“Hello?” I said into the phone. I didn’t bother checking the I.D.

“Hey man. You coming out tonight?” That was Alexander. He’s my best friend. He’s such a party animal. I’ve never seen anyone so attached to parties. It’s ridiculous.

“Hell yeah man. I’ll be there in an hour. Let me just finish wrapping this up.” I replied. I’m not that much of a party man. I don’t even drink that much. It tastes really bad if you asked me. But sometimes I drink just to drink. Anyway, Alex wants me to go to this new club on the other side of town called ‘The Mouth’. I passed by there a few times. That place is raving! I’ve been thinking about going there for a while now, and I’m gonna go tonight. It’s gonna be awesome!

“So should I leave now?” Tia said smirking at me from the door frame connecting to the singing booth. I’m guessing she heard my phone call.

I laughed. “Uh yeah. But if you want we can do this for about 20 more minutes.”

“No it’s okay. I gotta get home now anyway. Where are you going?”

“This club called The Mouth. Do you want to come with?” I asked Tia. She seems like a fun gal. It would probably be fun going with a girl like her. Only I just realized that if I take Tia to a club with me, it would seem like a date. I wouldn’t want Salina to think that I like her younger sister instead of her. Wow. I sound like cupid just struck an arrow into my head.

“No. I’m grounded. And I wouldn’t want your ex to kill me” Tia laughed.

I chuckled. “Okay.” I would’ve asked her what she was grounded for, but I needed to get ready for a party.

She put the headset back in place and grabbed her purse and jacket from the couch.

“I’ll see you tomorrow.” She yelled from downstairs.

I got up and went to my room. I looked out the window and saw her drive off in her black bug. I still couldn’t figure out how the hell she could afford that.

I went to get ready. When I finished I felt like I was so fly that I could jump off a roof and not fall. I laughed to myself at that thought. I had on light blue jeans that had cuts in the knees. I had on a blue leather belt. The buckle said ‘Fucxk Youu’. I didn’t understand why they misspelled the words but I just figured it was a typo. It was still really cool. I also had on a black t-shirt that hugged my abs. It said ‘Lady Killer’ and a smiley face in the back. I had moussed up my hair and made it messy. Cologne made its way on my neck and shirt.

My phone vibrated on my dresser. I walked up to the dresser and saw I had a text from Christine. This girl was seriously getting on my nerves. I just broke up with her yesterday. She’s a total bitch. She keeps being mean to other people. I told her that just because she thinks she’s so cool doesn’t mean she has to be rude to everyone. She said she didn’t care. That was strike one. I caught her keying her ex-boyfriend’s car. I asked her why and she said she saw him with some chick. In told her not to worry because I’m her boyfriend now and she just walked away as if I hadn’t said anything. Strike 2. Yesterday I saw her making out with her ex. Strike 3. We. Are. Done. She keeps saying sorry and begging me to take her back. That girl is going straight to hell. I laughed at myself for thinking that.