Chapter 2 Traveling

If you're reading this work on another platform than Wattpad or ao3, it has been stolen. Please read it on N3verlandsShadow on ao3 or neverlandsshadow on Wattpad instead

QUICK NOTE

Thank you guys so much for the support and respect for my boundaries. It means so much more than you know.

************************************************************************
During the first day of traveling the only one that even attempted to talk to her was Eichi. The three men held their distance without being rude, but they were clearly unsure of the strange woman that had walked out of the trees.

Eichi was a kind older man, deeply devoted to his wife and, as he told her, his large family. They were merchants, he told her, and had been for many years. Sakura told him a little about her own family, civilians, as she had already mentioned, but they were happy for her to have more opportunities in life.

Something about the whole situation felt off. The men she'd met dressed in a very old fashioned way and while she was well aware of the hate for shinobi in villages outside konoha, the mistrust these guys seemed to have for shinobi was far worse than she would reasonably expect from anywhere.

Her conversation with Eichi made her wary. His speech and his manerisms was... Older, way older, even more so than what she had previously seen outside Konoha. It gave her an ill feeling, and she decided to go on gut feeling and be very careful with what information to give out on how she had ended up where she was.

***********************************************************************************

"Excuse me miss?"

Sakura opened her eyes to see Eichi looking at her where she meditated.

She nodded to him as he sat down. 

They were both quiet for a little while, watching the fire as the three men slept, then the old man spoke. "You are very peculiar for a young woman and a doctor. No doctor I've met have ever been using chakra to heal wounds, and young women generally do not approach strangers."

He didn't seem to be judging her, but there was a tone of don't try to lie to me in there. "What I'm trying to say is that most would not be very open with the ability you have."

Sakura met his eyes. "You don't think that I'm from around here?" She sighed. "I'm not. And I have a feeling that things around here are much different from what I'm used to."

The old man chuckled. "You have a pure soul. I hope it will work out for you. If you need anything, let me know and I'll help to the best of my ability."

Sakura nodded in thanks, watching from the corner of her eye as he woke one of the others for his shift. It had been grating on her, the feeling that she was further from home than she thought.

These people, their way of dress, their speech, and the fact that none seem even remotely worried about a war. She needed to find a way to get information in the next village, preferably without people finding out about her shinobi status.

********************************************************************

The next day they were traveling once again, and she was given a new shirt to wear. There was nothing wrong with that in her eyes, but it did make the three young men act weird. The three still were weary of her. She couldn't blame them. Though it seemed that the more time Eichi spent talking to her, the more they seemed to let go of some suspicion. 

During an afternoon conversation, Eichi, fully unknowing of her internal battle, told her that there had been a battle between two major clans in the area recently. Their little caravan had been close enough to hear the battle and the smell of death had traveled with the wind.

"The Uchiha and the Senju are now back in their respective compounds, I suspect." Eichi told her.

Uchiha and Senju.

Trying to seem like she wasn't having an internal crisis was far from easy.

Uchiha and Senju fighting.

Sasuke hadn't just tried to kill her. He'd sent her back over a hundred fucking years in time! And right there Sakura decided not only was she going to hurt him, she was going to fucking kill him!

**********************************************************************************************

Day three Sakura was on edge as they traveled through an area with a lot of stones and bumps in the road. The three young men that had been introduced to her as Daisuke, Haruki and Ichiro were doing everything they could to make sure the wagons wouldn't break and the animals wouldn't get hurt.

Around midday they hit a particularly rough stretch and Sakura saw one wagon about to hit a nasty hole, she grabbed it just in time and held steady as it went over instead.

Daisuke let out a sigh of relief. "Thank you. Holes like that can destroy both the wagon and the wares on it."

She smiled. "You're welcome. And yes, roads like these are definitely less than fun to travel on when you're not on foot."

He nodded as they walked, both keeping an eye on the wagon in front of them. "Very true." He hesitated. "Forgive me if I'm out of line, but how come you were allowed to become a healer?"

"Well, my parents were civilian, but I had an aptitude for healing that my teacher noticed. So my parents decided that it would be a good path for me to take. In any case it would at least ensure I have food to eat." Sakura left out the shinobi parts, but the rest was true. 

Daisuke had wide eyes as he thought about it. "I've never seen the technique you used, they must have gotten you a good teacher."

The pinkette laughed. "They certainly did. She was an old shinobi that had grown tired of war."

The man beside her looked alarmed but Sakura continued.

"She didn't want to fight anymore. She'd lost much already. Instead, she taught herself to heal people using chakra. I suppose she saw something of herself in me, because she did train me. It was hard work but worth it." She said.

Daisuke was quiet. He knew there was shinobi that left the lives in their clans, however they rarely lasted long, either killed by one of their own for being a traitor or killed by a warring clan. For this woman to not only escape the shinobi life but also settle down and take on an apprentice, she must have been very powerful.

Hello! Reminder of the three strike policy. I want no one begging for updates, if you do it three times I am going to block you

Hope you enjoyed the chapter :)