the final letter!

epilogue | 1st september 2019

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙⁺゜ ⤾·˚ ༘ ◡̈

      Dear Edith,

     I haven't written in a while, in fact the only reason I picked up a pen today was because I've been clearing out the attic, and just happened to come across the box of letters I wrote to you a little under nineteen years ago, to date.

     Today's the day. Lily Luna finally goes off to Hogwarts. I never tire of seeing you so dumbfounded when we run through the wall to Platform 9 3/4. You face surely is a picture.

     Now all three of our children are at boarding school.  What on earth will you do without all of your little babies running around the house? You're a natural mother hen, after all you are now the headteacher of the secondary school where you once taught English Literature. I still keep a copy of winter swans in my pocket, just as a reminder of the times we spent in that little coffee shop after we'd 'accidentally' bump into each other.

      It's been nineteen years since I wrote you a letter, and so much has happened in that time; three beautiful children, various work promotions, and a new dog.

     It feels so strange without Milo plodding around the house. The poor old boy, with his dodgy knees. When he was put down we all cried, but none so more than you. To you he was your first child - our first child, so to speak. It broke us all to see you so sad. But time must pass, I guess, and we all should gain closure in the end. So now Milo rests peacefully under the rose bush of our garden, with a little plaque to keep his memory alive.

     We've spent almost 20 years together, and those 20 years have been the best times of my life. Thank you for putting up with me and my slightly magic ways, I have no idea how you've done it — I must be a nightmare.

     I love you, Edith, here's to growing old together.

     Harry, your ever adoring husband xxx

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙⁺゜ ⤾·˚ ༘ ◡̈
amelia speaks!
so this is it! the revised
version of letters to edith.
some letters were majorly
edited, others not so much
but after almost a year
of almost hating this
book, and wondering
why so many of you love
it (thank you btw), i can
finally say, i am happy
with this book! <3

edited 18/10/2020
..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙⁺゜ ⤾·˚ ༘ ◡̈

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐓𝐎 𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐓𝐇 ―harry potter. 🎉