Chapter 15

Luna burst out of the room, scanning all around the quiet gardens for any sign of the King.

Where is he?  Luna thought, heart hammering.

But she couldn't spot him.

He must have gotten away.

She racked her brain, trying to figure out where he was headed to.

She stopped cold.

Rabia now has unicorn magic and a body that is free from imprisonment, which means..

Luna bolted to the palace, racing to the Archives where the door to the Crystal laid.

To her dread, the door had been destroyed to splinters, now just cinder smoldering with raven smoke.

She quickly flew straight through the spiral stairs-

She froze.

Sombra stared at her from the bottom, eyes still milky.

He grinned.

Before she could move, a spell slammed into her chest, sending her crashing into the ground.

Luna's ears rang with a shrilling tone as she tried to get up-

She got hit with another magical blast, causing the ringing to become more piercing, forcing her to close her eyes and clench her teeth , desperately waiting for it to end.

''Now, now, Princess.'' Rabia's voice sounded out. '' I don't want to hurt you.''

She cracked open her eyes, making out a blurry figure of the King turning to face the Crystal, raising arms that coursed an inky storm.

Panic shot through Luna, her eyes widening in horror as she forcefully staggered up.

''SOM-''

His magic met the Crystal with a might, dark, rancid storms furiously rippling across its surface before smashing it into a million pieces of crystal with a burst of blinding light.

The glare blinded Luna and she shielded herself with her arm, struggling to see what was happening.

A unified roar shook the ground.

Umbrums

Flurries of wispy shadows rushed out the Crystal that had once stood in their way, soaring high over Luna as their howling reverberated throughout the chasmic stairwell

She paled at the sight before her, her eyes shooting to the King, standing amongst the jagged shards of the Crystal, utterly still as he stared ahead.

A chill swept through the room as the last Umbrum emerged from its entrance.

"Freed," said Rabia, sharp fangs showing as she grinned at the Princess. " I commend your efforts on trying to stop Sombra."

Her hand gripped the wooden King's chin. "Otherwise I would not have use for this one still."

Luna said nothing, stepping back with eyes on the Umbrum leader.

She felt the other Umbrums gaze on her and their leader.

She couldn't attack.

Not with so many.

Rabia smiled. " I know what you're thinking, little Princess. Just obey me and you won't be harmed."

Luna glared into her bleached eyes. " You think I will surrender to you? You think I'll let Equestria fall into your hateful hands?"

The Umbrum smiled. " Has it not already fallen?" She flicked her tongue-