5

Fontaine's P.O.V

I was sitting in my room, sitting on my desk chair with a confused gaze on the brown hardwood. After the incident on the medbay, my parents practically screamed me out of the medbay and into my room, even though I wanted to help. My mind kept flashing to it, how could that have gotten there? How could Ant cough it up? What... Who was it from?

But another thing was what he called me before he did it. I only heard him call me that once before today, it had been almost three months ago.

Flashback

A massive cruise line crashed. It had somehow found its way off its course and had managed to get tangled up. It sank quickly. We had managed to get every member on board the Aronaxx, but some were worse off than others. Our cargo bay had became our medbay and our medbay became our ward. And while we only had a few casualties, one didn't sit right with Ant.

Due to the unfortunate circumstances of having minors on board, some of them ended up in the crossfire when the ship sank. One of them was a girl just slightly younger than Ant, about three years, who didn't make it due to blood loss. Ant seemed to lose it after that day, and everything seemed to have changed for him.

He became silent, he never wanted to be around any of us, and when he was, we wouldn't notice. We would go a whole day without knowing where he was, but would find out he'd been in the same room with us the whole day. He also grew more bitter to most everyone on the Aronaxx.

Except me.

He became abnormally clingy to me and didn't seem to mind much over the fact he became bothersome to me. I thought it was because he wanted to be close to someone he loved but it didn't make sense why he would avoid our parents. And that the entire time, he would refer to me as Tia. I never really had a nickname like he did, so for him to out of nowhere give me one was a bit confusing. But again, I brushed it off.

That was until the incident with the bandages.

Flashback Over

I never realized how odd the sound of that name was to me, I mean, for a nickname, wouldn't mine be Fawn or Taine? But instead, it was Tia. It feels almost like he was talking about someone else. I'll have time to brude over all these strange thoughts later as my parents called over the communicator.