Chapter 13

Third person pov

Aizawa's apartment held so many terrifying wonders. Of course, after the days events, Atlantis and Shota both were much too tired to attempt exploring them. Instead Aizawa carried him to what he called his bed, which was a huge cushion that was incredibly soft. Much more comfortable than his sand bed beneath the dock, anyway. After getting changed into a pair of Shota's underwear that had shrunk in something called a dryer, he collapsed and snuggled beneath the blankets. He felt so exhausted he was sure he'd fall asleep right away. That proved not to be the case. Though he was warm and snug, he felt nervous without Shota next to him, but also excited. He and Shota had never gotten to sleep next to each other. Not really.

Aizawa cleaned himself up, teeming with enthusiasm he couldn't seem to suppress. Though he wasn't nearly as tired as he would've been had Recovery Girl used her quirk on him, he still felt tired from the day of fighting. Just because Atlantis' power proved to be more powerful and efficient than most average healing quirk, that didn't mean his body had felt no toll from being brought back from near death. His mind was still reeling from the experience. He felt fine, save for a few phantom aches that continued to thump at him.

He got out of the bathroom as quick as he could, a smile stretching across his face when he saw Atlantis' head popping out from beneath his covers. He looked awed despite just lying there in bed. Shota felt completely amazed. He'd dreamed of this exact moment before. He'd dwelled on it while hanging out with Atlantis, and while laying here alone in his apartment. The question of what it'd be like the have the merman here with legs like any other human had always itched at him. Now, it was finally answered, and he felt like his heart was going to burst.

"Hey." He said softly as he approached. Atlantis blinked, beaming at him. He'd mostly recovered from the close call earlier, but Aizawa could tell he was still fairly shaken up. He lifted the covers to slip in. "How're you holding up?"

"I'm okay." Atlantis assured with a small smile. "I... I-I just felt so afraid. But I think I'm better now that you're safe."

"I'm glad." Shota breathed, still unable to stop grinning as he rested a hand on Atlantis' cheek. They were both on the same pillow, and the merman's own smile widened. "How're the legs?"

"They feel... different, but like they're supposed to be there somehow. My... feet ache. From running." Atlantis' nose scrunched up from the use of the word in accordance to himself. Aizawa chuckled, pulling his fiance forward. He'd explained to Atlantis what marriage was, and he'd immediately agreed. The lack of hesitation still made Shota feel all giddy on the inside. He was getting married! Holy shit-- he was getting married. He'd have to call his dad, and explain to pretty much all of UA's staff. Mic and Nemuri were both well aware that he'd never had any sort of relationship before. None that lasted or mattered, anyway. Atlantis was essentially his first and only, and he was satisfied with that. He wanted that more than anything.

"I'm sure that'll fade. I'm glad you're here." Shota pressed his face into Atlantis' hair and smiled. "Do you think you'll be okay tomorrow? Nezu is curious, and Hizashi and Nemuri both want answers."

"Will you be there?" Atlantis asked hesitantly, feeling more warm than he ever had in his entire life. He loved the ocean. He always would-- it was his home through and through. But this... god, nothing beat this. There wasn't a time looking back that he'd ever been happier. Look at him! Approaching a human turned out to be a good thing. Who knows if he would've found this necklace, and who knows if he ever would've met Shota and fallen in love.

"Of course." Shota answered, tired but sure. Atlantis felt himself smile, eyelids drooping.

"Then I'll be just fine."