Chapter 18

Third person pov

Lunch came soon after healing Izuku, who didn't want to leave at first. For a long moment, the teenager just gazed into the glowing eyes of Atlantis as his quirk purred. He didn't know why it was reacting the way it was to him. Atlantis clearly seemed to sense something too, if his odd ocean comment was anything to go off of. Izuku wasn't sure what that meant, really, but it had made his quirk inflate itself happily and in a way it never had before. It made his power feel almost... alive. Recovery Girl was really too caught up in how perfectly Izuku's arm had healed to notice.

"That student of yours is very different." Atlantis noted as Shota led him to the teacher's lounge to eat, their hands linked. Recovery Girl had decided to go talk to Nezu and report how well Atlantis was doing. Apparently his healing Izuku's arm was enough to sell her completely. Atlantis had to be her successor. She wouldn't take anyone else at this point. "The one with the green hair. The ocean is fond of him. There's... something in him that's different."

"Ah, the problem child. Of course there would be." Aizawa snorted, looking down at Atlantis with a half-smile. Hearing that his day was going well was a huge relief. The tired man hadn't gotten any good chances to slip out and come check on him, so he'd resigned himself to waiting until lunch. He'd been fretting all morning that Atlantis was in some sort of distress or breaking down. To see he was seeming to settle in was another step in the right direction. It only solidified that they could do this. They could have a life together here on land. "Has anything else weird happened?"

"Not really." Atlantis' bottom lip jutted out in thought, which Shota privately thought was cute. "Recovery Girl is onto my lack of knowledge. She asked if I'd hit my head before I came to get you. I told her I didn't know."

Shota winced as they entered the teacher's lounge. Shit. Of course Recovery Girl would realize Atlantis didn't recognize basic first aid items such as band aids and gauze. Aizawa was an idiot for not thinking about it. It was too late now, though. They'd have to deal with it as it came. At least the woman hadn't tried to ask Shota why Atlantis didn't know, even if it was pretty obvious she'd probably be informing Nezu. They were lucky the shifty principal liked to watch things of these nature play out. If things went their way, he'd leave them be and simply sit back.

"Shota, Atlantis!" Mic crowed when he spotted them, drawing attention towards them. Atlantis squeezed Shota's hand without meaning to in response to the blonde voice hero's volume, and Shota squeezed back while giving his long-time friend a rather bland look that screamed unamusement. Ignoring him, he dragged his fiance further in and towards the fridge where Lunch Rush should've placed their lunches. "Hey, don't ignore me!"

"Leave them alone, Hizashi. They clearly don't want to answer any questions." Midnight mused, eyeing their conjoined hands as Aizawa carefully handed Atlantis his closed up bento. He took it cautiously, eyeing it like it was a bomb about to go off. If they didn't have an audience, Shota would've laughed. "Though it would be nice if you could formally introduce us."

"I already did. At the teacher's conference." Shota grumbled, nudging the fridge shut and turning to glare at everyone. "Now leave us alone."

"Sh-Shota, that's rude!" Atlantis blubbered, eyes going wide at the harshness of his statement. Aizawa paused, glancing down at him. "Th...They're just curious."

"You bet yer ass we are." Snipe observed. Atlantis was a small little thing. Shy, maybe a little bubbly underneath. Nothing like Aizawa. None of them ever would've assumed that would be his ideal match. He'd never been one for dating. A few of the staff had tried to set him up on dates in the past, but he simply wasn't a fan. He didn't care for romance. Yet here he was, engaged to some man none of them had ever seen or even heard of. It was concerning a bit startling.