Prologue✦

Everything was fading away. Memories, faces, names, all gone. No matter how hard I tried to hang onto them, they just disappeared. Dissolved into thin air leaving my mind blank.

That's when I felt it.

The pressure pushing onto my chest. It was almost as if I needed to breathe. But I couldn't. I couldn't breathe.

I couldn't feel anything other than that. Everything else was numb making the pressure that much stronger. My eyes wouldn't open and neither would my mouth.

I wanted to scream, shout, do anything over than lay here.

Voices were heard around me. Male voices to be exact. Every single one of them. It was either that or some very manly girls.

But that's the peculiar thing. Why aren't any of them girls?

The tips of my fingers started to tingle followed by the palm of my hand. Gradually, my whole body was doing it. And that was when I was relieved from the slight torture.

I sucked in a deep breathe, sitting up and holding my hands to my chest.

My body was wrapped in a material from my waist downwards, but it wasn't an uncomfortable one. It took me a few seconds to realise that it was a quilt.

The room I was in, it wasn't exactly dark but definitely dull. My eyes had to adjust to it before I could get a look around.

"Alby, she's awake," I recognized one of the voices from the people talking before. My gaze looked towards a blonde stood at the doorway besides a darker boy.

The guy, who I'm guessing is Alby, smiled at me slightly before taking a step closer.

"Hey," it came out as more of a cough and I could tell that his throat was hurting, almost as if he had been crying, "How're you feeling?"

"Uh, I'm not too sure if I'm honest." I wasn't necessarily lying, I just didn't have any idea what was happening.

The blonde stepped forward watching me with his arms crossed. He licked his lips before speaking, "We were scared that you weren't gonna wake up. You've been the talk of the Glade for the past week. Everyone was worried about you, not to mention Frypan, he's been clueless with the cooking."

"What? Frypan? Glade? Oh god, I'm so confused," I gently rubbed my face with my hands before throwing them down in front of me with a soft thump.

When I looked back at the blonde he was looking at me like he was going to cry and I couldn't help but feel guilty.

"Did I do something? Have I said something wrong? I'd feel really bad if you cried so please don't cry," I mumbled the last part when I saw his eyes go glossy.

"Uh, no, no, I'm fine," He sniffed, wiping his nose, "I'll just be right back."

I squinted as he walked out of the room without another word.

When I tried to stand up, my legs buckled sending me straight back down.

"Woah, woah, woah. You're gonna need to rest for a while," Alby reached out to steady me.

"What the hell is going on?" I whispered more to myself than anyone.

"This might help," he reached underneath the bed, handing me a book.

There was a lock on the front in the shape of a star, next to it were a few random doodles on top of a white background.

I could barely make out some of the writing on the front cover but I was pretty sure something said "I will open this eventually Rose, you can't hide it you mothershucker" with the letter M next to it. Another said, "You'd think that you'd show your best friend this but noooo" followed by the letter N.

"What is it?" I looked back up at Alby who was already watching me.

"Your diary."

***

A/N

[[ Just wanted to thank Olivia (Parcosm) because I read her stories all the time (You should too, they're great) and if I'm completely honest (And slightly cheesy) she's inspired me to write this just because of how great her writing is if that even makes sense. ]]

I'm sorry if this is confusing but it will all make sense in the first chapter. I don't normally post my stories because I write it all first. And don't worry I won't always do authors notes.

It will also be longer next time.

Okay, I hope you like it!

[Published: 16th November 2014]