Three | Gally✦

"Dear Diary,
There are five of us now. A boy named Gally came in a few days ago. I feel like telling him that his eyebrow game is way too strong but I don't think that would be appropriate considering he's just come from God knows where.

He's definitely taken this the worst out of us all. I even caught him crying the other night. He told me not to tell anyone so I hope writing it down doesn't count. I feel bad for him to be honest. He's trying to hide how scared he is by making it out like he doesn't care but he does.

Newt even tried talking to him the other day but he just shrugged him off. I guess he'll only talk to certain people."

***

"I, Jeff, give permission for you, Rose, to freely roam around the Glade and sleep where you would like," the strange yet extremely pleasant boy spoke in a fake British accent.

"Finally!" I was already up and heading towards the door when Jeff stopped me.

"On one condition," he added, trying to hold back a grin. I turned to him, raising an eyebrow as I waited for him to talk. "You have to come here at least once a day for the next week just so that I can check on you and make sure you're okay."

"For the millionth time, I'm fine," I groaned, slouching my shoulders. It was his turn to raise his eyebrows at me.

"Deal?" He held his hand out for me to shake. I sighed, closing his 'deal' by, well... shaking his hand.

Either way, I still get to go out for as long as I want now, even though it was almost night time...

I'd made it my mission to get to know every single person in here, especially the ones who were important to me before, which is exactly what I'm going to do.

But to do that I need someone's help seen as though I don't actually know who was important to me.

My feet lightly skipped down the stairs, welcoming me to the eating part of the Homestead. A crowd of boys stood by the door, including Minho. They were all panting, gulping down water whenever they could.

My first guess; some sort of crazy fitness group that find pleasure in pretty much torturing their bodies with unnecessary routines. I don't see the point in doing more exercise than you need but that's just one girls' opinion.

My second guess; they're the runners that Newt was telling me about. He didn't explain much, just basically said that Minho was the Keeper and they go running in a maze everyday... Fun!

"Rose, how are ya?" A new voice called from behind me. I turned to them, only to be greeted by a hug. A tight one at that. It might have been rude that I didn't move, that I just stood there instead of hugging him back but I didn't want to. I only barely hugged Frypan because I had some sort of idea of how I knew him. This guy; was a complete stranger.

"Um, alright," my voice came out as more of a squeak than anything. I felt the urge to slowly back away from him or even make up an excuse to leave.

"Oh that's great!" He practically shouted, grabbing some peoples' attention, before doing something I certainly did not expect.

He grabbed my face in his hands and pretty much forced my head forwards so that he could kiss me.

I was too panicked to even do anything.

That was when his tongue skimmed across my bottom lip making me almost gip as I jumped back. I could have sworn that our teeth clanked.

The next thing I knew, my hand had whipped across his cheek, hopefully leaving a mark.