One | Dear Diary✦

"I don't understand. I never wrote this. Why do you have it anyway?" I lifted my head to examine the boy in front of me.

His hands darted to his eyes so that he could wipe away the tears pooling around them.

"Just read it, I'm sure you'll believe me eventually," He sniffed, looking down at his hands that were now picking at his nails.

"There's one tiny, insignificant detail," I held up the book, pointing at the lock.

"The key is, uh. It's around your neck." I patted around my collar bone until surely, a chain that held a silver star came into my grip. "To make sure no one read it after Newt nearly did you asked for a necklace with the same lock on it and they surprisingly gave you it."

I didn't know whether to smile or not. The thought of it made me laugh yet I felt like I shouldn't.

The key around my neck was actually pretty damn hard to take off. If it was mine then I'd definitely done something to it.

I gently placed the pendant into the lock and twisted it until it clicked. That's when the clamps that wrapped around one side of the book opened up, giving me access to whatever was in it.

"I'll leave you to read. Jeff will come soon with something to eat and I'm pretty sure Minho will visit again when he gets back from running," Alby smiled at me before reaching out and encouragingly rubbing my arm and leaving the room.

The first page consisted of random drawings. Well, they were more cartoons than anything. It was a collection of people with their name next to it. The first was a drawing of Alby, followed by a picture of a guy called Newt.

Around half way down the page was a picture of a guy named Alex who had a thin line through his name and picture. What does that mean? Is he dead? Oh god, is he dead?

For all I know this could be a damn hit list.

I turned the first page, frustrated by why it was there and began reading,

"Dear Diary (or whatever you want to call this),

I've been here for about a month now which means that we'll be getting someone new pretty soon. If we do anyway. It's quite boring when there's only three of us and I have no clue how Alby managed on his own for a month.

As long as new people come, we could actually make this place into something that we can live in. I mean, a lot of it is already planned out and we have started to build some sort of shelter but Newt's been coming up with all sorts of stuff.

Last week we were sent some pigs through the little elevator thingy so right now, my job is to look after them until we get someone better to do it which sucks."

That was it. I didn't even say goodbye or anything. Now that's just rude.

What Alby said about needing to rest suddenly hit me, making my eyes become droopy and I found them lazily closing.

The diary, that was previously in my hands, lightly dropped down my side so that is was covered by my arm as I drifted off to sleep.

-

"Rose?" Yet another male was talking to me before gently shaking my shoulders making me quietly groan, "I'm sorry but you need to wake up."

Slowly but surely, I opened my eyes, running a hand through my now tangled hair and sitting up on the bed.

"I know you're tired and you need to rest but everyone's going to sleep so if I don't give you it now then I'll probably forget and then you'll probably end up waking up and you'll be hungry so you might as well eat now," The boy spoke way too quick but nevertheless he placed a bowl of soup on the bedside table that was wrapped in a small towel.