Chapter 9

Jungkook jumped out of the window, clutching his aching stomach and looking here and there before running towards the woods.

He had decided something today, although it was risky and he knew it won't work out but it was worth trying.

He ran and ran until he was there. The same spot he's been coming to for so many days. He clutched his racing heart and shut his eyes closed. He knows it's not right to do this but since he has finally decided to do it, he should do it even if he doesn't know what the outcome would be.

He looked at his necklace before closing his eyes, he got lifted in the air, red smoke surrounding him, his feet turning into claws, eyes turning fiery yellow poking out and tails coming out until he was fully turned into his fox spirit.

So dangerous, so hot (literally)

His seven tails curled upwards, eyes like fire searching for his mate.

He hid behind the tree, waiting for the nine-tailed fox to come since he was early.

His stomach was paining like hell but he couldn't even focus over his pain as his foxy eyes were busy searching for his mate.

And there he felt it. His nose twitched. Coffee, hazelnut, and vanilla, oh how he has mastered figuring out this specific scent. Even if he would get blind he would be able to identify who it is just by the scent.

Fire lit in his eyes as his head whipped towards the lake, watching it intensely and oh how his heart started to race when he saw his mate coming out of the lake like a true ocean god it was, parting the lake into two parts and making the water go up as it gracefully walked out of the lake and as soon as he stepped out the water falling back as it lifted it's head up like a princess, the design of a crown on its forehead making it look like the true God of gods it was.

Eyes blue like the ocean, white snow-like fur, turquoise tipped nine tails, and turquoise feet, rhinestone crown over its forehead, and goddess-like features.

It really made jungkook fall for his mate. Real hard. As if he was obsessed.

And oh how his obsession made him come out of the woods, straightway walking towards the turquoise nine-tailed, his eyes fixated on the other's shocked and terrified ones and oh how the other wanted to run away, run for his life but the other's fire-struck eyes made him freeze right on the spot, watching the other's huge figure walking towards him, intimidatingly.

His legs were shaking. Someone found out about him. He needs to do something.

Kill him, run away, wipe away his memory! Do something, taehyung!

His thoughts were jammed when the other was so close to him that he could smell him. Musk, fire, and ash. A manly scent that drove taehyung crazy. The scent was familiar, really familiar to him.

His legs started to shake and he wanted to run away because what if this fox was a yako, what if it was from the kit clan. He might get into trouble, all these years hiding from the evil would be gone to waste. Namjoon and yoongi's hard work in keeping taehyung safe would all be gone.

Taehyung closed his eyes, ready to attack the fox until the other spoke.

"I won't harm you" he spoke and taehyung gently opened his eyes, and that is when his turquoise eyes met intimidating, fiery red ones.

"I don't trust foxes....or humans" taehyung spoke back, ready to attack once again.

"You wanna fight?" jungkook said and his red eyes lit up with fire as he got into his attack position too.

Taehyung felt his ego being hurt as a nine-tailed, that a seven-tailed fox is challenging him so easily to a fight. He smirked as the water behind him lifted, forming a huge tsunami.

"Let's do it~" he sang.

To be honest, seeing such a big tsunami for the first time scared jungkook but he wasn't gonna back off now. He's gonna show his mate what he's made of. He used his own fire attack, his fire flames forming behind him.

They were seconds away from attacking each other, looking each other straight in the eyes with a dangerous aura surrounding them. 

No one knows what's going in the forest at this hour. A mythological turquoise nine-tailed ready to attack the only seven-tailed fox alive in the world.

But, nothing happened. Taehyung just couldn't. The musky scent was too intoxicating for him to use his force right now. The tsunami gradually calmed down, a signal that he did not wanna fight right now which calmed jungkook's fire too.

Taehyung side-eyed jungkook with his foxy eyes, who was approaching him. He hissed at him, which halted jungkook's steps. It was dangerous to get closure right now with the guarded fox.

"For how long have you known about me?" taehyung asked.

"For a week," jungkook said, and that angered taehyung.

"Why have you been following me?! Are you one of them?!" he flung his paw on jungkook's face, scratching it. 

Jungkook did not react. Blood was leaking from the scar beside his nose. He was of course, angry, but the nine-tailed wasn't wrong. It wasn't right of him to stalk him.

"I don't know what you're talking about" he softly spoke, but the gumiho was still doubtful.

"Don't ever come here, ever again" he warned as he flashed his sharp claws to jungkook.

Jungkook obviously did not answer, because he himself does not know if he'll be able to resist inhaling this intriguing scent of his mate.

I believe, he's still oblivious that I'm his mate

"Have you told anyone about me?" 

"I tried to, but no one believes that you're real" 

"Don't even plan on telling anyone about me or I'll kill you" taehyung warned.

"I hope I don't meet you here, ever again," taehyung said and got ready to leave.

He was stopped in between his tracks when the seven-tailed spoke.

"I'm your mate" Taehyung did not look back and spoke;

"I refuse to be your mate"

He said before disappearing into thin air.

"I refuse your refusal"