Chapter Five: Moo Shu to Go (Part One)

Sophie lay in bed with her head against Alec's bare chest, their nude legs wrapped together underneath the comforter

Sophie lay in bed with her head against Alec's bare chest, their nude legs wrapped together underneath the comforter. Alec ran his hand through her hair and his mouth popped open to speak, however, before he could say anything -- three loud sets of footsteps practically shook the room. They both scrabbled up, Sophie grabbing some jeans and one of Alec's hoodies before they both stepped out of their room to see Finn storming down the corridor with Clary and Jace chasing after him. Sophie glanced at her husband before chasing after the three people that seemed to suffocate the institute with anger.

"Where are you going?" Clary asked as the walked down the steps, not bothering to acknowledge Alec and Sophie as they tried to understand what happened -- the only clue was Clary's necklace which was clasped in Finn's hand.

"To put this somewhere safe. Where no one could be tempted to use it," Finn answered coldly, continuing to stamped through the institute.

"What's happening?" Sophie whispered to her brother, still wondering when his attention was finally gonna be pulled away from the new shadowhunter. She didn't expect much from her brother but a hug to welcome her back would have been appreciated,

Jace continued to ignore her, causing Alec to scoff at his parabatai who walked past Clary, calling to Finn, "We should use it. Finn, we should use it to get to Valentine,"

"I'm the head of the institute here, someone better start explaining what's going on," Alec ordered, but once again the two were ignored,

They walked into the same room Magnus' necklace had been stored as Finn argued, "If I were Valentine, I'd make you think that you could rescue Jocelyn. And then I'd lure Clary to me and leverage her life for the Cup," Finn kneeled down, running his stele over the open rune,

"I like Jace's idea," Clary argued. Sophie was beginning to understand, she assumed Valentine had somehow controlled what Clary saw through the necklace so she saw her mother with him, "We saved Simon from the vampires that way,"

"Yeah... vampires," Finn muttered as Sophie glanced at Alec, understanding that he had come to the same conclusion, "Bored, decadent, self-involved vampires," Once the cabinet fully opened, Finn placed the necklace in one of the shelves before turning to Clary again, "Valentine is a real threat. He can't be handled by five and a half Shadowhunters,"

"Six," Clary bickered, staring up at Finn who towered over her,

"Whatever," Finn ordered once last time before leaving the room, both Clary and Jace turning to Alec and Sophie, silently asking them if they agree.

"Leave it there," Sophie disciplined with her arms crossed before leaving also, Alec gave them a small nod before leaving also.