Christmas Surprise

DECEMBER 25th, 1991-
I was staying with most of the Weasleys for Christmas. Ron decided to stay at Hogwarts with Harry, and Charlie had gone back to Romania.

I had gotten lots of wonderful things for Christmas. Molly made me a lilac sweater with a silver 'A'; my friends from Hogwarts sent me a photo albums; Bill got me a lot of new paints; and the twins gave me some magical creature figurines that will move if you say a certain spell. I also got a lot of sweets from everyone.

I only had one present left, and it was from Charlie. It was very small and it came with a note.

"Go on, love, read it out." Said Molly, encouragingly.

"Alright. Dear Avaris, happy Christmas, baby. My friend found this while we were on our way to find a group of injured dragons. I should say you open in now before you get any further." I removed the paper and inside was a little box. I opened it and there sat a silver ring with a large sapphire embedded into the metal. I read on. "I thought of you as soon as I saw it. I thought it would suit you so well, and the sapphire would bring out your eyes. But my eyes are green, so how does that work? Anyway. Ava, I have been in love with you since we were thirteen years old, and I haven't stopped loving you for a second. Even while you were going out with Daniel Abbot in fourth year." I giggled slightly. "Ava, I love everything about you. Your enthusiasm at the Quidditch games. The way you smiled in Transfiguration because I knew it was your favourite lesson. The way your eyes light up when you talk about magical creatures. I've known you for 16 years of my life and I want to spend the rest of it with you." I could feel the tears starting to form and I kept reading. "So Avaris Mitchell..." I heard a 'crack' behind me, and knew who Apparated in. I read the next part and tears were streaming down my face. "So Avaris Mitchell, soon to be Avaris Weasley, will you marry me?"

I turned round and saw him standing there. I kissed him as hard as I could, pouring in all of the love I had for him.

"Yes! Of course I'll marry you."

He picked me up and spun me round. We smiled at each other and in that moment everything was perfect.