Pity Party

Pairing: Richie x Fem!Reader
Disclaimer: mentions of underage drinking and underage smoking
Words: 1411

- - -

    The intoxicating smell of alcohol and smoke filled my house, the air thick and hot. I could only hear people screaming to be heard over the loud music, blaring through my radios.

   I look around, trying to find somebody to hang out with, but my friends were all dancing with guys. I continue to search for an empty corner, but each one was filled with girls who wore slutty costumes grinding against the boys who wore no shirts. I sigh, there was to much happening, I needed to get out of this space.

  I run upstairs to find the guest bathroom. I open the door quickly and walk inside, not shutting it behind me. I silently reach for the light switch and flick it on.

   "HOLY FUCKITY!" A girl, that I've never seen before, screams. There was a guy on top of her and they laid inside the bath. I rolled my eyes and walked out of the bathroom, slamming the door closed behind me.

Fucking horny teens, just wait till you get stds.

  I decided it would be best to go in my bedroom. I stroll over to my bedroom, pushing past the dancing, drunken bodies. I enter my room and look in my mirror.

   I knew the girl in the mirror was me, but she sure didn't look like it. This girl had large, purple bags under her eyes and messed up hair. She was no exception to the slutty costume rule. She had a lacy red brassiere on, that covered just enough to make it appropriate with high waisted red short shorts. Devil horns sat on her head, a long red tail came out of her shorts, and small red wings were glued into the back of her brassiere.

   I heard the sound of my door open and whipped my head around to see two teenagers, making out, stumble into my room.

  "Nope! Get the fuck out! You're not doing that in here!" I say pointing the couple towards my door.

  They separate, nod, then began kissing again while staggering out the door. I follow them out the door and close it behind me. I trudge down the stairs and out of my back, screen door.

   The cold air blows in my face sending chills down my back, while I look up at the starry sky. I stroll towards my old childhood play set and sit on the swing. If I couldn't be inside my house the next best thing would be to sit outside my house and think. So I thought. I thought of how I got here.

  It was Halloween and since my parents were in Miami instead of Derry, my friends decided that our annual Monster Mash Halloween party would take place at my house. Most of the times we had our parties most of the grade came, but since we were seniors everyone came, excluding the freshmen. It started off like a fun normal party, then more people showed up, then someone bought the alcohol and cigarettes, then things escalated after that.

  My eyes became glossy as I thought of how everything was going wrong.

  "Hey." A loud voice says to me.

  "Sup." I say trying to act cool. Sure I was cool or at least being with my friends made me cool, but my friends were off on their own.

   I look up to see Richie Tozier, the fun party animal, staring at me. During sophomore year Richie and his nerd friends became hot, which boosted him up on the high school food chain. His little squad was right beneath mine, therefore nobody would mess with them.

  "Hey, are you okay?" Richie asked looking into my wet eyes through his thick glasses.

  Something about those words. Are you okay? Got to me. They made me feel not okay, even if I was completely fine. "Yeah I'm good." I say as a tear runs down my face. The tear was followed by another, than another until streams of salty water fell out of my eyes and off my chin.

  "Oh fuck. Please don't cry!" Richie begs, but I couldn't comply.

I sat on my swing thinking of a way to respond as tears raced down my face. "It's my party I can cry if I want to."

  "You're too hot to cry." Richie said sounding pretty genuine, which mad me giggle. The brunette boy chuckled slightly. "What? It's true."

   I start to move back and forth on the swing and looked up, showing that I was amused by Richie's strange comments. "What does that even mean? Please enlighten me, Tozier."

  He shrugged and kicked a rock beneath him. "Well, Y/n, crying is for people who are sad. And if any girl looked like you they wouldn't be sad."

I raise a brow. "Are you flirting with me, Rich?"

  Richie opened his mouth then quickly shut it. He pulls a Marlboro packet out of his back pocket and hands it over to me. "Want one?"

  "Sure,l. Just know I wouldn't be mad if you were flirting with me anyway. You're pretty hot yourself." I wink while taking a narrow cigarette out of the packet. I had only smoked once and didn't like it, but something about Richie made me want to impress him.

  Richie took a cigarette out for himself then jammed the packet back into his pocket. While his hand is back there he finds a lighter and pulls it out. He lit one side of mind and his. Richie then holds the cigarette up to his mouth and I mimic him.

I place the cigarette in my mouth and take a long drag. "So, the fuck are you supposed to be?"

  Richie had on an open Hawaiian shirt, with nothing underneath. He also had on black shorts and flip-flops. "A surfer dude." The brunette girl boy looked me up and down. "And what are you? A sexy period?"

  "Haha very funny. I'm a devil, but now I understand that you're just another pretty face, obviously not educated enough to know what a devil is."

  "Of course I know what a devil is, I know who you are?"  Richie says while shrugging.

  "Are you saying I'm a devil?"

"Yup! And thanks for the pretty face compliment."

  "Well you look like a- ... a- a- a..." I couldn't think of a comeback. I was pretty witty with my responses to insults, but today my mind was completely blank.

"I'm waiting." Richie began impatiently tapping is foot, while look at his wrist as if he had on a watch.

  "Oh, shut it fuckface!"

"At least my house isn't burning."

"My house isn't burning." I say, matter of factly.

Richie chuckles then points toward the outside of my kitchen. "Look through that window."

I look through the kitchen window to see my stove on and something covering it creating a huge flames to erupt from my kitchen. "FUCK! SOMETHING IN MY KITCHEN IS ON FIRE!" I take a deep breath and get up from the swing. "I should go fix that."

"WAIT!" Richie stood up to. He then got closer to me and pulled me in by my waist. "I'm going to kiss you."

  "Go for it."

  I wrapped my arms around his neck, as Richie stared into my eyes. Although I didn't know him that much, gazing into his big brown eyes told me everything I needed to know. Richard Tozier, was a confused boy, he didn't know what he wanted or who he wanted, but I knew he wanted me at that moment. So I let him have me.

  He pressed his soft lips on mine, they tasted like cherry chapstick. Time stopped as our lips moved in perfect sync. My heart did backflips in my chest and my knees grew weak. The warm sensation that filled my body didn't seem real, but I knew this was no dream. If this was a dream my kitchen wouldn't be in flames.

HOLY SHIT MY KITCHEN IS ON For IRE!

I pulled away from Richie. This kiss left me breathless and all I could say was a measly. "Wow..." I paused for a moment. "My... kitchen... fire."

  Richie nods. I turned away from him and ran into my house as the boy shouted at me. "I'll see you later!"

"Yeah ok!" I shout back as I yanked open the door.