Hawd To Say Goodbye

Pairing: Bill x Fem! Reader with speech impediment (rhotacism and lambdacism)
Disclaimer: Cursing + a lil violence
Words: 1340
* no song for this chapter, just a little cute one

- - -

    "Fuck off, Bowews!"

"What is the wittle baby gonna do about it?" Henry mocked.

   "I'w beat youw ass. That's what I'w fucking do." I say sizing Henry up. He was clearly a lot taller than me.

   Trying to fight Henry would get me killed. Some would say this is one of the dumbest things a person could do, but obviously you don't know me.

  Henry pulled out a switch blade from his back pocket. "Is that what you think? I should just make it quick for you and stab you right now, you fucking freak."

    Shit. Wew, thewe's no time to panic now.

  I flash the older boy a fake smile. "Onwy if you can catch me." I then swiftly turn around and run as fast as I can towards somewhere safe.

  Henry runs behind me the whole time yelling profanities towards me. Somewhere along the chase his goons came along. It didn't bother me though. It happened often. My mother even said that I deserved shit like this to happen to me. It was cause I'm too reckless for my own good, apparently.

   Finally I come across the library. Lucky for me there's the new kid, walking away from it. I ran up to him and grabbed his backpack. "Sowwy kid." I say after using my full force to swing him around. He just looks at me confused, it was sad seeing that he had no idea what was going to happen to him. That's not my problem though.

  Now Henry ran full speed towards me. I quickly step behind the kid. Once Henry got close enough I pushed the kid into Bowers. Him and Henry tumbled backwards and against the railing of the kissing bridge. I gave the kid one last look as Belch Huggins and Victor Criss held him against the railing.

  Henwy would probabwy swice him wike pizza. Eh, he had some skin that he couwd wose.

I think to myself before jumping over the bridge and sliding down the hill underneath it.
To be honest, I looked pretty bad ass before I lost control and flew right into a tree.

   "Agh! Fuck!" I yelled while I threw my head back onto the ground as I laid, softly rubbing the spot where the tree hurt me. "That's gonna weave a mawk."

   I sat there for a few seconds or maybe even minutes, thinking I was safe until I heard screaming and frantic footsteps behind me.

    Henwy's done with the fat kid, awready? Jesus Chwist, he's coming fow me now.

I quickly stand up dusting off my exposed legs, due to my denim shorts. I ran as fast as I could, mostly because I didn't want Henry would kill me. Nobody dare talks to Henry Fucking Bowers like I do, I treated him like human garbage, and if they do they have really bad consequences.

   I continue running until I found a river, then the doubling in my footsteps being to become offbeat and lazy. He was slowing down.

   I ran through the river, jumping onto different rocks if the water seemed too steep. I finally saw four boys that i had seen in a few of my classes. Stanley Uris. Yes, that was the tallest. Sacrifice the tallest seemed smart. I ran faster towards the boys who now looked straight at me. I found a spot behind Stan and ducked. I shut my eyes tight and waited. Suddenly there was a tap on my right shoulder. I open my eyes.

   Now Richie, I think that's his name, looked down at me. "Hey hot stuff, are you alright."

  "Get away fwom me, dowk." I said pushing his hand off my shoulder. I didn't need sympathy, it showed you were weak. When you're weak you don't get love.

  The boy chuckled then turned to his friends. The tallest rolled his eyes and Richie began laughing really hard. After some time he calmed down and wiped tears from his eyes.  "What the fuck happened to your voice?!" He questioned while giggling a little more.

  "Fuck off." I say, standing up. I hated when people asked about my voice. It shouldn't concern them.

  "Sh-sh-she has a sp-p-p-peech impediment, R-Rich." Another boy spoke up. I looked at him.

   Woah that's the cute boy fwom speech thewapy in Bangow. Yes, I did have a speech impediment. Two actuawwy. But back to the hottie in fwont of me. Bill Denbrouw. He hung out with Bwadely at thewapy. God! I hate that, dick. All the girls there did, too. Bwadely was never a good sign.

      While I was thinking I hadn't notice Bill walk towards me and extend a hand. "Bill." He smiled.

   "I'm Y/n. But you couwd caw me anytime." I smoothly said, adding a sly wink at the end.

   Bills cheeks flushed a light pink, before we heard a loud splash. Each of us turned around to see not Henry, but the chubby kid he was hurting.

  He looked terrible and I assume we all had the same idea when we came rushing over towards him.

   "Hey, you okay?" I asked thoughtfully. He just looked at me fearfully then back to the boys. Faiw, I did use him as a human shiewd. I thought.

As we helped the new kid onto Richie's bike and I hopped on to Bill's a feeling of uneasiness washed over me.  Now thinking about it, the rest of the summer was a blur. A terrifying blur, until now.

  It was near the end of August. School was about to begin again. Everyone of the losers left. First, Stan. Then, Eddie and Mike. After them, Richie. Last, Beverly and Ben left together. It was just Bill and I.

   We sat on the grassy plain underneath the kissing bridge. Staring out onto the river in front of us.

   "Y/n." Bill said, now looking at me.

"Yeah." I responded, not wanting to ruin this moment with my stupid speech impediment.

   "I l-l-l-like you."

I shrug. "Me too."

   He rest his hand on top of me. "Not like that, I like you like y-you."

"I feew the same way, but um..." I trailed off.
He gave me his full attention. "I'm moving in with my Dad. My speech is getting worse, when I move I could have thewapy evewyday."

  Bill sadly looked at the ground. He knew everything about me. Like how my parents were divorced and that my mom lived in Derry, but my Dad lived in New York. "You'll be back right? T-T-To be with your mom?"

"Biw..."

    "C-c-c-come on, Y/n. First, B-B-Bev, then y-you."

   "I gotta pack, I'w see you soon." I say standing up.

   I began walking away, but stop after a few steps. "Biw, I thought I was some badass lonew. But you showed me that being a losew with friends was the best feewing anyone couwd evew feew."

   I continue to walk until I feel something grab my hand. It was Bill. He swung me 'till i faced him. We were close, really close.
"C-Can I kiss you?"

   I can feel my face warm and I already know a light (red/pink) is spreading across my face. "Yeah."

  It was quick and sweet. My lips brushed against his delicately, like a flower that could easily be cut. It was long enough that our breathes mixed, a minty cinnamon flavor. I pulled away and giggled a bit as he smiles.

  I cup his face with my right hand, "I'm wucky."

     "What?" He questioned, before letting me finish.

  A tear rolled down my cheek. "I'm wucky to know someone who makes it so hawd to say goodbye to them."

     "Then d-d-don't say g-goodbye."

  "I'w see you water." (pronounced waiter)

       "See you later, Y/n."