Five

Oscar felt a pillow being thrown at him from across the room. He raised his head in irritation.

"Good God, stop smiling at your phone like an idiot." Norman chastized him, rolling his eyes.

Oscar hadn't even realized he had been doing this for the past few hours. Ever since that night with Aurelia, he simply couldn't stop his thoughts about her. Needless to say, he'd suggested that she move out of her place with immediate effect only to receive an absurd expression on her face. She was mildly creeped out by how much he found out about her.

Yet, the charm of Oscar Wilde never failed. Aurelia wasn't immune to that either. She knew he was relentless. If he couldn't get ahold of her, she could only expect him to show up at her doorstep every single day. Sure, she'd really considered calling the cops. But.. for what? For bringing her food? For calling her beautiful? For making her feel desired again? It was stupid. She went home that night with her lips tingling. Damn, that man doped her with his kisses.

Oscar bit on his bottom lip, typing out a quick reply to Aurelia. He was never one to be obsessed about texting but apparently anything that concerned Aurelia was bound to be abnormal. His phone had been glued to his hand the entire day.

"Man. Ian was whipped by the pussy." Norman earned a glare from Ian who was laying flat on Oscar's couch. "And this guy?" He pointed to Oscar. "Bewitched by a scar."

Oscar shot daggers at his friend. "Shut the fuck up."

He knew they were only teasing yet he couldn't help but be a little defensive.

"But really, how bad was it?" Ian asked.

"Bad." Oscar sighed, putting down his phone to lean back on his office chair. He measured it with his thumb and index finger, placing it on his cheek. "Worse than I thought."

Norman tilted his head, likely picturing it in his mind. "Well, I think it gives her character."

Oscar scoffed in disbelief. "You mean depression." He picked up his phone again, instinctively pressing on the home button to check if Aurelia had replied. She hadn't. "She's only 21 years old. She had a pretty face and now she no longer even dares to step out of her house without a mask."

Oscar wanted nothing more than to make her believe it was okay. That she didn't have to hide, she didn't have to feel embarrassed to even eat. At least not with him.

When she finally punched in her number into his phone (not that he didn't already have it before), his goal had been to help her feel better about herself. He recalled how she was a little spitfire and knew that there was more to her than what she looked. Sure, it was her appearance that drew him in in the first place. But she had a sense of humour, she was kind to volunteer in an orphanage and she apparently didn't hate him enough to want to slice his face open.

He knew he would have wanted to if their roles were reversed. She could have easily asked for a compensation, anything, yet she didn't. God, that made him want her even more.

"Hold up." Ian pushed himself up on his elbow. "She's 21? You're kidding me."

Oscar shrugged. He'd thought about their age difference but then realized there shouldn't be much of an issue as long as she was legal. As consolation, Aurelia didn't seem to be too bothered about him being much older either. Or maybe she just didn't know the exact numbers yet.

"21! You are old enough to be her bloody uncle." Norman chimed in too. "I thought she was just petite. Man, she's actually a baby."

Oscar narrowed his eyes. "Exaggerating."