Nine

A/N: surprise, surprise! I'm giving you some smut *wink*
-

Aurelia snorted, and if they weren't in the midst of a serious, almost life-changing conversation, Oscar might actually laugh at the adorable sound and face she made.

"At this point, I'm not even surprised you'd say something like that."

He tensed, but only tightened his hold further on her face. "You think I'm bluffing?"

"C'mon! We've only known each other for like... what?"

"A month?" He supplied.

"Exactly." She narrowed her eyes. "Besides, we've really only talked for half of that time. Nobody falls in love this quick."

Oscar lowered his hands from her cheeks down to her neck, moving to her shoulders and trailed down her arms. She was stiff as a log.

"But you've stayed with me for a quarter."

"A week!"

"Nine days, to be precise."

"That doesn't change anything. You can't fall in love in nine days. If anything, it's probably just an infatuation you misunderstood as love. Not that I know what love feels like; I've never been in love. But even I know that's just impossible." She dropped her chin to her eye-level, which happened to be his chest—revealing a tinge of hair from the two unbuttoned area at the top.

He circled her tiny wrists, bringing them up to his front gently. He stared at her now red, cut-up knuckles and planted a light kiss over it. So tender, his actions, even though they were just screaming at each other several minutes ago.

"Nothing is impossible." Oscar said, and waited for her gaze to meet his. "You remember Vanessa?"

She nodded.

"She and Ian... let's just say, I was skeptical. I never thought Ian would ever settle. Heck, even I thought I wouldn't. So when he bought over Mythic a day after meeting Van there, we all thought his brain was fried."

Her brows raised. "He did that for her?"

"Yeah." Knowing she was distracted, he gently opened up her fists and brought them over his shoulder to hook behind his neck. But she was a little short, so he had to accomodate by bending down slightly.

"They hooked up, and he bought the club to find her. He eventually did find her. Two days later, they said 'I love you'."

Aurelia's eyes widened. She'd only met the woman once, and for a short period of time, but even she could see how in love the couple was. They could barely keep their hands off each other when the other was around.

"I told Ian the same thing. That he was out of his mind, that he wouldn't even know what love would feel like. But look at them now?" He paused for effect. "They've been going strong for over a year. You see, Aurelia, there's nothing impossible."

She kept silent for awhile, simply finding it hard to believe. In love? That sounded like a total stretch. Sure, they've been spending a lot of time together. He'd been making efforts to drive her around—even on days when her classes ended at two or four o'clock, he'd get out of work and take her home before returning to office. Well... now that she thought about it, he didn't had to do that. But... love? She didn't think there was anything that hinted it.

"You said you've never had a girlfriend. How would you even know this is love?" She questioned.

"Because I know my heart, silly. I know what I feel. You probably have no idea how often you cross my mind in a day. In fact, I don't think you ever really left since I met you. Little things, such as lunch, would make me think—has Aurelia eaten yet? Is Aurelia thinking about me? What would Aurelia like to do tonight? Should I buy Aurelia a mousse cake on the way to surprise her? Will Aurelia stay up and sit with me later?"