Ash Catches a Pokemon!

"Poke Ball, go!" Ash yelled, as the Poke Ball flung through the air towards the green caterpillar that stared back at them. With its smallness compared to the ball, the little critter got slightly scared by the approaching Poke Ball and tried to run off. However, it was struck by the ball and absorbed in. The ball shook, a sign of resistance from the Pokemon kept within. But after 3 shakes, a clicking sound was heard as a light flickered on and then off. Caterpie had been successfully captured. "YES!"

Quickly, he ran over and picked up the poke ball before spinning around dramatically with a pose. "I caught a Caterpie!" which moments later was joined by a cheerful cry of his partner from behind him. After that, Ash sent the little critter back out of its Poke Ball and smiled. "Hi there, I'm your new trainer."

Little squeals came from the little bug type, happy about the news. Giggling, Ash pulled out his pokedex and scanned the little critter that was bouncing around happily. Next to him, Serena was also smiling at the cute bug type. Though, not far away, it was evident that Misty was less than impressed by the news. Soon enough, the pokedex registered Caterpie in and began to read off.

Caterpie, the Worm Pokemon. When attacked by bird Pokemon, it resists by releasing a terrifically strong odor from its antennae, but it often becomes their prey. It's easy to catch, and it grows quickly, making it one of the top recommendations for novice Pokémon Trainers.

Type: Bug

Ability: Shield Dust - This ability prevents any secondary effects from moves happening, such as a paralysis from Thunder Shock.

Gender: Male

Nature: Modest

Move(s): Tackle and String Shot

Reaching his hand out, Ash prompted the little Worm Pokemon onto his arm and then stood properly up right. "Look, Serena. My new Caterpie!" his joyful attitude was reflected by Caterpie, who seemed to smile and be happy.

Smiling, Serena nodded her head and gently petted the Caterpie's head. "He's pretty cute, all right," her petting elicited an almost purr from the little critter, but she soon turned over to the trees behind them. "Come on, Misty. He's not going to hurt you."

It soon became apparent that Misty was budging from her location as her weary eyes watched Caterpie's every moment. As a moment, she mumbled out. "I....hate bugs..." she was definitely shaking, so it wasn't just a hatred problem. When Ash let Caterpie down on the ground to run around, he soon came over to her and she shrieked in terror as tears entered her eyes.

Almost instantly, Ash recalled the little bug type and Serena ran over to their new friend with worry in her eyes. "This isn't just a simple fear, is it?" she asked to the red head, as Misty shook a little even after the removal of her fear. Watching from his location nearby with Pikachu, Ash didn't dare step closer as he knew that his new Pokemon was the cause of the emotional distress in the red head.

"..No...when I was younger, I was attacked by...a group of bug types," came the whimper followed by response from the girl that Serena was trying to calm down. "....If...it wasn't for my sisters, I would have been in worse danger. But....thanks to them, I was saved......but s-since then...I..." Misty turned into a shaky fit, unable to finish her sentence. Eventually she looked at Ash with a sad smile. "Sorry....its unfair to Caterpie, isn't it....?"

"Maybe...but I'm sure he'd understand if you explained," Ash commented, holding the poke ball in his hand with caution. "Just don't scream, explain that you're uncomfortable to him and then it'll be fine."

A hesitant nod came from the red head, as Serena gently rubbed her back in a calming motion. In a moment's time, Caterpie was back out of his ball with confusion. All he wanted to do was meet the other girl, yet he was recalled after a scream? It was confusing to him, but he watched for a moment before Misty explained roughly what Ash had told her to say. It was genuine, filled with uncomfortable feelings and fear. Ending with a. "...J-just...keep a d-distance....please..," after hearing this, the little caterpillar seemed to nod and moved back towards Ash and Pikachu.