Challenge of the Samurai

"I AM SO SICK OF THESE WOODS!" came Misty's loud squeal when another Weedle came up to rub at her legs, she was terrified beyond believe and it was beginning to wear down the others' patience for her. Eventually, with tears in her eyes, she turned back to Ash and Serena. "...When are we getting out of these disgusting woods?"

"Well, assumingly," Serena said as she opened her pokedex's map function. "If we continue going straight, we'll be in Pewter City long before night fall," that seemed to give Misty some relief, as she breathed in and out. "Don't worry, just stay close," at this, Serena put Delta on the floor and stated. "Flare up your tail a bit, girl. It might scare away the Weedle that keep bothering Misty."

On command, Delta's tail flame burst up significantly more. Any wild Pokemon nearby began looking more freaked out and backed away. Seeing this, Misty definitely relaxed significantly and chose to stay close to the little Charmander. Even though she had just made the command, Serena was already back to scanning her pokedex for the local Pokemon. In fairness, she didn't think she would catch anything here as she assumed they were all bugs like Caterpie or flying types like Pidgey and Spearow. But when her pokedex stated a cute little grass Pokemon like Budew, she was curious. "Sinnoh sound?"

"What?" Ash asked, turning to his best friend with confusion in his eyes. Clearly he didn't understand what she was referring to. On hearing his confusion, she called him over and pointed at the screen. "Maybe it means you have to play music from the Sinnoh region and they'll come out. Hand me the pokedex," she did and waited a second, as he tuned it. Moments after, a calm track was heard playing. It was soothing and serene. "I believe it matches up to most of the music up north in Sinnoh, its quite a cold region with a lot of history."

"Bu?" the voice Serena had wanted to hear chimed in, and she turned to see the cute little grass bud staring up at her as it clapped its red and blue vines together in a melodic way as if reacting to the music that the pokedex was playing. "Budew bud," the critter than began to dance upon realizing what its vines were clapping too, clearly excited to hear music from its native region.

"Aww, how cute," Misty commented, complimenting the baby grass type's movements and joyful attitude. She turned to Serena with curiosity, before asking a simple question that would probably easy to guess the answer to. "Are you planning to catch it?"

"Yep," came the response, as Serena turned to Ash with a smile on her face. "Thanks for this," she then walked over to Budew. The happy creature stopped bouncing and looked up at her with curious eyes. There was no fear, just curiosity. Even after Budew saw the Charmander that had stepped to join Serena's feet. "Hello there, little one," the girl knelt down in front of the grass type with a smile on her face. "Want to join me on my journey?"

"Bu...." it seemed like the grass type was thinking for a moment, before running back into the bush and leaving Serena confused for a moment as to what was going on. When the little baby walked back out of the bush, it had a cute star piece held by a vine that protruded from its little body. "Bububu!"

"Does that mean?" to test what her thoughts were telling her, she held out a poke ball for the Budew to touch. In all fairness, she didn't want to have to hurt a Pokemon to catch it. It was easier to let them join of their own free well. If Budew chose not to join her, she would be perfectly fine.

"Bu!" another vine emerged from the Budew's back as it touched the pokeball with it. A flash of red light absorbed it into the ball, as it dropped to the floor. Shake once.....twice....thrice. And click, the light flashed and then the ball glimmered a little. Almost instantly, Serena released the Budew from the poke ball and smiled. "Budew!" the critter smiled back, happy to be on the team.

Noticing the star piece more carefully, Serena knew it would be tearing to carry all the time and wanted to make it easier. Opening her bag, she pulled out a piece of string and smiled. "Little one, can you hand me your star for a moment? I'll give it straight back," after a little cry, the vine reached over to hand Serena the star piece. After some work, a necklace-like structure was formed. Carefully, Serena wrapped it around the vines on Budew's head and let the star hang down between the grass type's eyes. "There, now it'll be easier for you."