superbia

superbia : nofear

— — — — cut along this line — — — —

a week passed and keiani didn't talk to donald much. she needed to think about what he told her. it didn't drastically change the way she looked at him, but she thought he needed help. whether or not she could provide that type of support, she still wasn't sure.

she woke up early on a thursday morning feeling motivated to get dressed up. she started with straightening her hair. she split it down the middle before twirling the sections into two buns. she clipped a strawberry hair clip into the bun and started on her make up.

as she was smudging green eyeshadow above her lash line her phone rang. "shit." she muttered, dropping the brush in the sink. she rushed to her room to answer it thinking she was late and monty was waiting outside.

luckily, it was just syd calling which she was thankful for. she answered his face-time and went back to the bathroom to finish getting ready.

"hey, so there's a party tomorrow at like 10 or some shit. you tryna go?"

keiani set the phone on the counter. "yeah, who's throwing it?"

"i don't know, reya invited me so i'm inviting you."

she laughed. "you cant just invite niggas. what if she think it's a date?"

"well that's too damn bad." he said in a grandpa voice. "'cause i don't like her like that." he shrugged. "but it's like some fancy socialite type shit so nobody from school gon' really be there. shit's like next level according to her."

keiani dipped a blender brush into an orange shadow. "okay, i'm gonna ask donald and ool if they wanna come."

"for why?" syd rose an eyebrow. "i thought y'all weren't talking."

"we are." she mumbled, focusing on her makeup. "when did i say we weren't."

"yesterday when you were complaining about him not answering the phone." syd rolled his eyes. "i don't even know that nigga friends."

"i wasn't complaining. i was just telling you he was irritating me. plus you would like ool and them, they cool."

"they better be or i'ma be tight." syd rolled his eyes.

"when are you not tight about something?" she said. "anyway what are you gone wear?"

"i don't know yet but i'm tryna get flicks so you have to come with me after school a'ight."

"slide me a twenty and i got you."

"damn these fees outta pocket, we friends." syd sighed.

keiani finished off her eyes with some purple mascara. "i need to pay for college, hop off my dick."

"you right, i gotta donate to yo' sad ass charity."

"shut up! we tryna go to the same damn place." her and all her friends were trying to go to howard university.

"that's the only reason i'ma pay you." he teased. "and fix them damn chains, shits is bothering me."

she quickly slid her pinky through the necklaces so that they weren't tangled together. "whatever hop off my line, i gotta get dressed." she used her fingers to apply a warm toned blush to her cheeks.

"you look like me anyway so i don't care." he insulted her with a grin on his face. "boy body having ass."

she subconsciously grabbed her chest. "you lucky you ain't here 'cause i would pop you in yo' mouth."