12.

CW: Mature language
WC: 5584

_______________

Deep shit, that's what Taehyung was in. Deep, deep shit.

"Taehyung, I don't understand why you're so tense. You've been all weird since the other night and I don't get it—" Jimin said as he snacked on some fruit. "I'm really lost here, dude. Things were fine before. weren't they?"

Yeah, damn right he was tense. It was because of Lorelei! She was stirring up foreign feelings in him that he didn't want to feel. Things he hadn't ever felt before, like ever. Taking care of her the way he did— what was he thinking?! That wasn't who he was!

"I'm fine, Jimin." A half-assed answer and one Taehyung knew Jimin wasn't going to let fly under the radar.

"Is this about your parents? Did they try anything else?" Jimin asked, looking a bit more concerned now. "Or are you having second thoughts about the other night? If you are, it's not too late to call it quits. They'd all understand if you want to stop—"

"No," Taehyung interrupted him. "No, I'm not stopping what I suggested. That's the best course of action for everyone."

Jimin eyed him warily, "And by everyone... you mean just the seven of us, right?"

And there it was— the loaded question that he had seen coming from a million miles away. "Of course," Taehyung answered, saying anything to get Jimin off his ideas.

Jimin nodded, standing up to stretch. "Look," He started as he walked over to him. "We all get that you're under a shit ton of stress right now. Don't forget that we're here to alleviate it, alright? Whatever is going on, just talk to us and we'll figure it out. I'll be here whenever you're ready."

Taehyung nodded as Jimin gently gripped his shoulders, rubbing them gently. It was an endearing Jimin had done since he was young. It was a tell-all sign that he was trying his best to comfort and he did it to no one else besides their friend group— their family. "Thanks, Jimin. I mean it, really... thank you."

"Of course, you're my brother," Jimin snorted. "I'm not used to being the calm one between us two, it's usually you calming me down. It's different— Ah, whatever! Let's figure out when we're leaving tonight. I heard Yoongi hyung hired dancers for my birthday party!"

"Your birthday isn't for another few days," Taehyung snorted, standing up to follow him anyways.

"I know but, no one is gonna want to club as hard as I plan to tonight, on a Monday," Jimin replied with a devilish grin once they entered his room. After a few seconds, Jimin asked "Are you going to invite her?"

"Probably," Taehyung answered with a shrug. "She isn't friends with Briana anymore, so there's a big chance she won't feel comfortable."

Jimin nodded, "We'll be on our best behavior. The one you have to really worry about is Jungkook, I'm not quite sure why— but he really dislikes her. We know to be alright with her now, if he gets drunk, he just... may not care."

That was true. Taehyung had faith in his brothers that they'd act better toward Lorelei upon his request. He'd come clean about how Lorelei was just as confused that the information on Jungkook got out. And that she'd also wanted answers, not anything else that they'd done. That was a secret just for the two of them.

"I'll talk to Jungkook about it, where is he?" Taehyung asked. He was feeling a little anxious again at the possibility, even if it was slim.

"As far as I know, he's at a late class. Who knows if he's telling the truth though?"