I DIDN'T HATE YOU pt.2

Mickey feels like he is gonna faint. A nurse notices and sets him down in a chair just inside the "room". Mickey sat and watched to doctors do things to fix his Ian for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes he hears the worst sound he'll ever hear in his entire life. Ian's heart flatlined. Mickey sat in shock as doctors scrambled fighting to revive the beautiful boy that lay before them. Mickey couldn't move. Couldn't look. Couldn't think. Couldn't talk. Couldn't breathe. Not without his Ian. After 20 minutes of no success, the doctors and nurses realized there was absolutely nothing they could do to revive to the boy. Mickey sees a doctor and 3 nurses crying, while he just sat there staring at Ian. A nurse walks up to him, eyes watery and says "hello. I'm the one that talked to you on the phone. I'm so so so sorry sir". The nurse hugs mickey and bolts out the room crying. A crying doctor walks up to him and says "I'll give you a few minutes then I'll come back and explain what happened medically"

After the room has clear Mickey gathers the strength to stand up. He walks over to his boy and starts bawling. Harder than he did at home. Harder than ever.

He leans over the bed and wraps both arms around Ian's blood-covered lifeless body. Mickey sobs into his boyfriend's neck. " I didn't hate you baby. I never have. I never will. I never could. I'm so sorry baby boy. So sorry. I didn't hate you. Please babe. Come back to me. I need you. I love you. I take everything I said back. I was angry. I didn't mean it. Baby, please. Please come back"

After what seemed like hours of crying and begging for Ian to come back mickey got up the strength to let go of his boy and call Fiona Gallager.

"Hello?" Fiona says at the end of the line.

Mickey doesn't respond.

Hello? Mickey?" Fiona repeats

"It's Ian" Mickey forces out.

"Oh my god, what happened! Did he hurt himself? Is he okay? MICKEY TELL ME SOMETHING! Fiona begged

"He's gone. My Ian is gon fi. He got hit by a car. They couldn't save him he's gone Fiona" Mickey says while crying

Fiona starts wailing on the other end and mickey shortly hangs up because he can't stand to hear Fiona's cries of pain anymore. He then calls Mandy, who loses it and cries just as hard if not harder than Fiona. Mickey sat in the room alone until the doctor from earlier came in with a cop. They both sit down and explain to him that Ian was hit by a drunk driver going approximately 75 miles per hour. They tell him that drivers okay and the doctor lists the injuries Ian sustained. Broken arm, broken leg, 9 broken ribs, collapsed lung, punctured lung, broken neck, a cracked skull, broken spine, etc. Eventually, Mickey stopped listening not wanting to imagine how much pain his lover must've felt.

Mickey sits in disbelief. Right when the cop and doctor finish talking the entire Gallager family (including Frank and Mandy) run in. They all stare at Ian's body in shock and start bawling. Fiona and mandy fall to the floor, Lip holds Debbie while they both sob, Liam runs over to Ian's body freaking out, Carl stares and cries while standing at the foot on Ian's 'bed' and Frank..... Franks never be the best dad or even an ok one. But he loved his kids. More than anything. Throughout all the pain and suffering the put each other through. Frank loved all his kids with all of his heart. Frank stands staring in shock as a single tear rolls down his left cheek. Everyone is heartbroken. The doctor and cop repeat what they said to mickey and everyone's hearts repeatedly break. 

Mandy walks over to her brother, "Mick. Are you okay?" she says with tears still rolling down her face. "I told him I hated him. The last thing I said to him was that I hated him. I got mad at him and made him leave the house. This is my fault. He died thinking I didn't love him." mickey chocked on every word that left his mouth. " It wasn't your fault" mandy replied hugging her brother tighter. " He had to know how much you loved him. There's no way he couldn't."

Eventually, everyone heads home. All the Gallaghers go home together and Mandy and Mickey walk home together. Once they get home mickey gets into the bed. They're bed. The bed Ian and mickey slept in together so many times. Mickey cuddles one of Ian's jackets and cries into it. Mickey knew one thing for sure. He would never be happy again.