clingy

"i'll be back in about three hours." myles said into the phone, bored out of his mind as he tapped his foot on the flooring at the airport. he had just wrapped up his steven spielberg movie and briar was so proud of him.

"i miss you so much." briar said quietly. "i can't wait to see you!"

"yeah." he said gruffly. briar waited for him to return the sentiment, but he didn't. "in a bit, bri."

"yeah, speak to you soon. i love y-"

she was cut off by myles hanging up.

"myles our flight's aboarding." tyson yawned as his brother sighed, standing up on heavy leaden legs.

"you excited to see briar?" tyson asked while rubbing his eyes. myles shrugged, handing his passport to a member of the check-in staff.

"sure. i just hope she doesn't like she did last time."

"god, yeah, even i found that a bit sickening."

"i swear if she bursts into tears again, i'm gonna lose it. like, yeah you're happy to see me. we get it, no need to turn on the water works."

tyson snorted. "i swear that girl loves you too much."

"yeah and it's fucking irritating." myles grumbled, grimacing at the air steward as they welcomed him aboard the flight.

it the two hours it took him to arrive in toronto, myles slept, hoping to recharge his batteries a little before briar practically charged at him when he walked through the door. he knew, no doubt she'd want sex tonight.

myles really wasn't in the mood. he was sure briar persist though, just as she always did. sometimes he wished that she'd just back off.

unfortunately for him, he felt no better after his nap. if anything, he felt worse. his hair was a mess from all the tossing and turning, he had a pounding headache, and his shoulders were cramping from the uncomfortable position he'd slept in.

all he wanted now, was a nice, calm night. a bit of piece and quiet. just time to himself. maybe another nap when he got through the door. if briar could it within herself to not swarm myles, he'd actually quite enjoy a doze with you tucked under his arm.

myles said goodbye to tyson with a bro-hug and a dazed wave. now it was just him and briar.

he started at the front door to their house, wondering if she was already watching him from the window. he wouldn't put it past her.

myles trailed up the porch, suitcase rumbling on the gravel ground beneath him until he was standing outside the door.

he raised his hand to knock on the door, when it was flung open and caught him by surprise.

"mylo!!" briar sighed breathlessly as he stepped over the threshold, briar's arms pulling him closer to her. a wave of nostalgia was perambulating through her as he wrapped his arms loosely around her waist.

myles stood stiffly in briar's embrace as she littered his face with light kisses, pushing the hair off his forehead and asking about his flight.

admittedly, it had been three months since myles had last seen briar face to face. three months wasn't that long - he couldn't work out why she was so unbelievably happy to see him. it was just plain old myles after all, it was like the both of them hadn't stayed in contact - numerous texts and calls and video chats from her part had made sure of that.