oblivious

being one of the new cast members of steven spielberg's west side story, briar was worried about how she would fit in with the rest of them, who had already filmed half the movie together. luckily for her, everyone in the cast was so nice and welcoming, and she was instantly a part of their little group. briar was of course close to ana and rachel, even John, but surprisingly she'd grown the closest to myles. every free second the both of them had, they spent it together, hanging out.

myles had quickly become her best friend on set. he was always so easy to talk to, and he was possibly the funniest and kindest person she had ever met. there were times where she'd just take a seat on his lap and lean against his chest while hanging out with the group, and other times where they'd just lean against each other, her head resting on his shoulder, with his arms around her.

west side story was briar's first big movie, meaning she'd never really done a proper press tour, so she was nervous for it when the time came around. of course she had toured around the world for her dancing, done meet and greets and had even released her own song, but was she really that good with words and unexpected questions being thrown at her? where one simple slip up would be surfing the internet the next morning? not so much. however, after finding out that briar had been paired with myles for most of their interviews, she began to feel at ease with the idea. myles always made things so easy.

one day, briar had been paired to do interviews with sage and dylan for the first half of the day. and while she really did enjoy spending time with them, she was really looking forward to doing interviews for the second half of the day with myles. after having a quick lunch break with everyone, everyone traded partners, and briar was paired with myles.

she was sitting next to him, talking about how her day had been so far as they waited for the last interviewer of the day to show up as there was a bit of traffic keeping him up. when the interviewer walked in, he immediately dropped his bags and when straight to briar, completely ignoring myles. the interviewer introduced himself, shaking her hand and giving her a flirtatious smile. to be completely honest, he was kind of cute and she really didn't mind the sudden directed attention. he shook myles' hand next, and it was blatantly obvious that myles had tensed up, though briar didn't really know why.

the cameras started rolling and the interviewer introduced the two of them, "i'm here today with two of the stars from steven spielberg's west side story, myles erlick, and the beautiful briar nolet." briar couldn't help but blush awkwardly at his choice of words, as she gave a shy smile to the camera. the interview began with questions mostly about myles and the new movie, but the interviewer always seemed to find a way to bring briar up, to find a way to compliment her.

"so, briar, this is, surprisingly, your first big movie. how did it feel to be working on this movie?"

"oh, it was so amazing! it was a great first experience and i couldn't ask for better cast mates, crew, and location. it was really fun. especially being there with myles, he's such a good actor and an even better person. he's a real gem." she looked over at myles and gave him a smile, which he quickly returned along with a slight laugh and nudge.

myles looked like he was about to say something, when the interviewer spoke up again, interrupting him, "well, briar, you seem like you're the gem, here. you're quite beautiful, you know that?"

his words made briar quite flustered, and she stumbled over her words, "oh, i, uh, um, thank you..."

at that moment, myles spoke up, and he sounded annoyed as he corrected his posture and crossed his arms over his chest," she's much more than just her looks, man."

"oh, well of cour-"

myles cut him off, shaking his head as he continued to talk, "briar is very talented and we're very lucky to have her in this movie. i've gotten to know her, and she's one of the best people i've ever met. i know she's going to great things. but you, on the other hand, well, you should probably learn how to be a bit more professional. just because she's a beautiful girl, doesn't mean that's all she is."

briar's eyes widened, and she could feel her face getting hot as she looked over at myles, whose face softened when she made eye contact as he gave her another smile. while she appreciated his kind words, she didn't know what had gotten into him. the interview didn't last much after myles' rant, and the interviewer left quickly without a second glance.

once the two of them were alone, she looked over at myles with a confused expression on her face, "what was that about, myles?"

briar could tell that he was chewing on the inside of his cheek as his gaze met hers," i'm sorry i ruined the interview. but he shouldn't talk to you like that. you're so talented, bri, you're so much more than your looks." myles paused again, his hand rubbing over the back of his neck before continuing again, "you are beautiful though." he finished before giving her a kiss of the forehead and walking away, leaving briar at a complete loss for words.