Stand-off

"Morning." I said rolling over to face Aaron.

"Morning, princess." he replied kissing my forehead. "Did you sleep okay?" he asked running his fingers through my hair, my favourite thing, while I laid on his bare chest tracing his abs.

"Mmmm. Yeah better than before. How about you?"

"Good."

"Where did you go after dinner last night?" I asked curiously.

"For a walk." he stuttered.

"Why? What's wrong?"

"Nothing don't worry. Your dad asked me to be his Chief of Staff yesterday."

"Oh my god. Aaron! Why didn't you tell me? I'm so proud of you. Congratulations. You deserve it. You've worked so hard for it." I squealed excited sitting up on him and kissing him deeply.

"I love you." he said before he started tickling me.

"I---l--o--ve---you--t-oo" I said in between laughs. "Aa--ron st--op." I laughed

"Come on we need to get ready." he said after we lay there cuddling for a few minutes.

"Okay fine." I said putting my arms out for him to pick me out of bed.

I straightened my hair and did a light makeup look consisting of concealer, powder, mascara and filling in my eyebrows. Today I decided to wear a black dress with a chunky belt and black Jimmy Choo heels.

 Today I decided to wear a black dress with a chunky belt and black Jimmy Choo heels

"You look beautiful as always." Aaron said giving me a kiss and passing me my breakfast which consisted of waffles and Nutella. 

"Yeah, but soon I won't be able to wear any of my clothes." I pouted.

"But you can buy new ones." he said optimistically, trying to cheer me up.

"Okay." I nodded excitedly causing him to kiss my forehead

*****

"Morning" Emily said as she arrived outside the Oval Office where Aaron and I were waiting for dad to finish his meeting with Kimble.

"Morning" Aaron said while I just stood there reading an email on my phone, causing Aaron to nudge me.

"Morning." I mumbled glaring at Aaron.

"Delilah, I'm sorry about yesterday."

"Yeah okay." I replied completely uninterested.

"I'm sorry to interrupt." I said standing by the door of the office.

"If you don't mind, excuse us." dad said to Kimble causing her leave giving me a hug on her way out.