Aftermath

~ THIRD POV ~

"In here." Aaron shouted when he heard the door open.

"What happened?" Dough asked when he walked into the room seeing a lifeless Delilah lying in Aaron's arms.

"We were arguing and she -- she gripped her sto--mach and -- and then she moaned in pain and just collapsed. She--she said something about a minute ago but she feel unconscious again." Aaron rambled withe tears running down his face. "It's all my fault." he said looking up at Dough who gave him a sympathetic look.

"She'll be fine sir. She's tough." Dough said trying to make Aaron feel better, but it didn't work. Aaron felt crushed that he'd caused this. He'd caused his princess so much pain the last few days and now she was lying unconscious because of him. He hated himself

"The paramedics are here." James said walking through the door with two paramedics behind him, a male and a female.

"What happened?" asked the male paramedic while wheeling in a gurney

"She had a pain in her stomach and collapsed. She's also bleeding. She's three months pregnant with twins." Dough informed them while the paramedics checked her over and Aaron held her hand.

"Does she have any medical conditions?" The female paramedic asked.

"Yes, she has allergies but not to any medication, she has very mild asthma and anxiety. She suffers from panic attacks and she used to suffer with depression." Aaron told them.

"Okay. Right let's get her to the hospital stat." The female paramedic said causing the male one to nod. They placed her on the stretcher and started wheeling her out with Aaron following. 

While they were putting her in the ambulance Aaron turned to Dough, "Did you notify her parents?" he asked wringing his hands nervously.

"Yes, sir. They'll meet you at the hospital. She'll be in the Presidential Wing of the hospital."

"Thank you, Dough." Aaron said before getting in the back of the ambulance with Delilah and the female paramedic who was checking her vitals and blood pressure.

"Her blood pressures high." the female paramedic noted down. "What happened to cause this?" she asked me.

"She's been under a lot of stress recently. We were arguing when it happened." Aaron said, his voice cracking, looking down with an ashamed and guilty look. "It's all my fault." he whispered, a tear trailing down his cheek.

*****

When they got to the hospital Delilah was immediately rushed to the Presidential wing where Dr. Gibson and Dr. Ronald were waiting along with her parents and their secret service detail. When Delilah came past all the secret service members bowed their heads in respect for the First Daughter. 

Delilah had been in and out of consciousnesses in the ambulance. The doctors had been with her for 30 minutes with them checking her and the babies and running tests and doing an ultra sound scan. Aaron was pacing outside the room looking through the window with tears occasionally falling while Tom and Alex sat on a sofa with Alex's head on Tom's shoulder. 

"What happened?" Alex spoke finally breaking the silence. 

"We were arguing," Aaron said with a sigh. "She--she just moaned it pain and the next thing I knew I was running to catch her."

"What was the argument about?" Alex asked.

Before Aaron could answer Dr. Gibson and Ronald walked out of the room. "Mr. President, First Lady, Mr. Shore. She seems to have fainted due to stress." Dr Ronald said.