Living Under the Same Rooftop

I can feel it. I know her. Believe me.

        It was the beginning of the cold December.  I sat there in my beanbag chair, gazing at the window's snowy view.  I was still thinking about her.  Mitsuko was just cooking gohan (rice), with some other stuff. She is kinda weird, because whenever she cooks something, like, a sandwich, she puts some spaghetti and squid and bread, all at the same time. I tried to pretend to enjoy it, just to appreciate her. I ended up puking some stuff out.

(Mitsuko Narrating)

        Everything is just so complicated here in earth. I can't cook that well and everything is making my head spin around. In Naokujun, it is so easy to do everything. Takeshi is very appreciative and kind to me. He doesn'y do anything stupid with me under the same roof of his house. I tried everything I can to improve what I'm actually doing and, well, I don't know.... I cannot reveal myself yet, to make them accept who I am really are, an extraterrestrial being from Planet D-Class, Naokujun.

(Back to Takeshi Narrating)

        It is already the beginning of December, Nanami Makatsune, my sister, went out to do some workshop in Macedonia, and I am now living under the same roof with Mitsuko.

(Flashback, Narrator Narrating)

        Takeshi went home with Mitsuko by his side, bringing a ridiculously huge suitcase. Mitsuko at last agreed to Takeshi on living in his house. Mitsuko also wanted to live with Takeshi, so she made up the idea of living in a tent near the "fish-less" river. Takeshi didn't want that to happen, so he let Mitsuko live with him. Takeshi wondered if he could get Mitsuko undercovered without his sister noticing. Her sister was just stopping by the fruit shop to pick up some fresh indgredients. Just in time, Junko was walking down the same pavement and saw Nanami (Takeshi's sister). Nanami offered Junko a ride with her scooter and asked if Junko would kindly take care and supervise Takeshi for her. Junko blushed, because, from the first time she met Takeshi, she was overwhelmed by his smile, because, Takeshi was actually a transfer student from Tokyo. He inherited all of his parents' wealth, because they died when he was still 11. Junko was amazed on how Takeshi looked just fine, just if nothing ever even happened.

        Junko had an average crush on Takeshi, and it is going to get bigger. Since then, she was suspicious about the appearance of Mitsuko in Takeshi's life. After walking down the road with Nanami, she didn't say anything else except, "I'll try though." to Nanami. It was 7 p.m., and Takeshi was just preparing his school books for tomorrow. Suddenly, he fell to the ground with a thud. Mitsuko, apparently and fortunately heard that thud and hurried down the stairs and to the livingroom. She was just done with her bath, and was still in her towels. She saw the red burning mark on Takeshi's forehead and his neck. Mitsuko kissed Takeshi on his forehead, and called Mecca to heal Takeshi. The red marks are all gone. all at the same time, Nanami opened the door and saw Mitsuko embracing Takeshi.  Nanami said that maybe she needs to go to the optometrist again, because she saw a purple-haired girl, a pretty one, with glasses, embracing Takeshi in her arms, surrounded by a cube of pure light. Junko immediately and doubtfully said, " There is totally no way a girl, can embrace Takeshi in her arms". Then they laughed and opened the door again. There, Mitsuko still kneeled and still embracing Takeshi in her arms.

        After everything is all settled, with Takeshi conscious, Mitsuko fully dressed, Nanami still curious and Junko envious secretly. They all discussed about what happened before. Takeshi doubted that all of that happened on that day. It must've been impossible, he thought. Nanami, at last declared, "Mitsuko, would you kindly be the house keeper and the sitter of Takeshi?". Junko, in an instance, said, with a weird envious and impatient voice, "Nanami-san, it can't be done! You didn't even know Mitsuko for like, about 1 hour, and now you are TRUSTING her to take care of Takeshi?! A boy and a girl must not live under the same rooftop!". Nanami doesn't seem to mind having Mitsuko living with Takeshi, after all, she (Nanami) is going to go workshopping in Macedonia. " Don't you worry Mitsuko, Takeshi is a good boy and doesn't like to do anything inappropriate  to girls. Plus, Mitsuko, dear, can you do the house work for me? Please make dinner, do the laundry and just supervising Takeshi to do his homework and school projects. I know you can do it Mitsuko!"

(Present, Takeshi Narrating)

        And so, that is how I started to live under the same roof, with Mitsuko. I know, life is so complicated, yet satisfying.

(Chapter 3: Watch out for  Migita, Kanae, Citrus-senpai, Junko, Mitsuko, Mecca and Takeshi!)