8| The Date

Tania had offered to pop by Reagan's 'mom's friend's house' to help her prepare but there was no way that she could ever see who she was crashing with. So, Reagan prepared alone. But she was stressed and freaking out. She started having a panic attack and needed advice so drastic times call for drastic measures.

  "Which one?" Reagan held up two tops. Lloyd and Garmadon were sitting on the couch, with their heads to one side, their faces in the exact same confused expression.

  "Um....aren't they the same thing?" Lloyd asked.

  "Yeah, that's what I was going to say! Both red and ugly! You should wear a blowfish cap!" Garmadon suggested, popping a handful of popcorn in shut mouth.

  Reagan pressed her hand to her forehead. "I must be desperate." She muttered.

  "No I'm serious! If Koko wore a blowfish cap it wouldn't have taken me nearly as long to propose to her!" Garmadon yelled.

  Then Koko walked in, holding a grocery bag. "What are you all up to?" She asked.

  Garmadon threw his hands up (all four of them). "I honestly don't know I anymore."

"We're helping Reagan get ready for her date." Lloyd told her, inspecting his hands on his lap like they were the most interesting thing in the universe.

"Date?" Koko looked at her.

"It's just with some guy." She mumbled.

Lloyd snorted. "Brock isn't 'some guy'. You've been making heart eyes at him since freshman year."

"How do you know?"

"Am I so invisible that you don't remember that you sat right beside me in History?"

Reagan thought for a moment, he was right, Lloyd had sat right beside her. On the other side of him had been Brock. So she would have to look past him to stare at those beautiful brown eyes.

"Oh." Was all she could say.

Koko pieced up the tops she had put down. "Wear this one." She handed her the more causal one.

"Thanks." Reagan left to go change.

Reagan made it to the theatre right on time. Brock was already there, holding a bouquet of yellow flowers.

"Hey." He greeted her, handing her the flowers.

"Oh wow, thank you!" Reagan brought them to her nose.

They strolled into the theatre. "What movie do you want to watch?" Reagan asked. She surveyed the options. She saw a movie a film company had made on the ninja. A very well drawn picture of Lloyd was on the front. Super Secret Ninja 4- Meowthra.

Brock snorted. "Not that one." Eventually they chose an action movie and sat down with their popcorn and soda.

When the movie started, Brock had taken her hand. Reagan had always imagined what it would be like to hold the hand of your true love. But it wasn't at all what she imagined. His hand didn't seem to fit well with hers and felt cold. She didn't feel the tingly feeling that fairy tales always went on about.

At the end of the movie Brock paused at the front. "Reagan, I was wondering if you'd like to go to the Fall Dance with me."

Reagan blinked. She had forgotten about the school dance coming up. "I'd love too" she said. She said goodbye and Brock did something she was not expecting. He went to kiss her, but it startled her so she turned her head. He ended up barely catching her cheek.

"Oh, sorry...I-um." Reagan stuttered. Brock laughed.

"No problem. See you later?"

Reagan was sweating like crazy. "Yeah." She scooted out if there as fast as possible.

******

Koko and Garmadon had gone out for some bonding time of their own, so when Reagan got back it was just Lloyd. He was sitting on the couch drawing.

Reagan closed the door with a groan. He looked up. "What's wrong?" He asked.

"Nothing!" Reagan said quickly. "Everything is perfect!" Then she plopped beside him.

"What are you doing?" She motioned to the sketch pad.

Lloyd casually tucked it away, but Reagan noticed how careful he was to make sure she didn't see it. "I'm working in an idea for a new mech."

"Oh ok."

Just then there was a loud boom and they both ran for the window. The General Unity was attacking again, this time they were dressed as....butterflies?

"Stay here." Lloyd said easily pulling off his hoodie and switching into his gi.

"What?" Reagan exclaimed.

Lloyd threw open the window and climbed out.

"Where are you going?" Reagan followed him.

"To the warehouse, I need to get my mech."

"Don't the others have like elemental powers or something?"

Lloyd scrambled across the next roof. "Yes but I don't, besides sometimes you need mechs to cover more ground"

Lloyd stared at the long ways to the warehouse. "I knew I should've made a way to get there in my room." He muttered. "That's it." Lloyd took out a control and smashed his finger into a button. There was a roar and the green dragon mech-with slight adjustments after being destroyed by Garmadon- came flying in.

The green ninja jumped on and began adjusting things and pressing buttons. Reagan took a deep breathe and climbed on.

"What are you doing?" He twisted around to look at her.

"Helping, duh!"

Sighing Lloyd threw what looked to be a spare mask at her. "Don't kill yourself, just get people to safety."

Reagan nodded, grinning wildly as she pulled it on. Lloyd gave a small smile before it was hidden behind his mask. Then they took off. The battle had just begun.